Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
05:42 PM on 08/11/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Really great interview. Great job with your questions, seems like you found a perfect balance between knowing you're interviewing the drummer and not asking too much about Brian's songwriting, and still managing to get some good answers that apply to all aspects of the band.

Really cool to hear his take on touring with Jimmy Eat World and Against Me. His answer that it is pretty weird and almost wrong to have two of his favorite bands opening for him was really humble and something I wish more bands would admit.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I was kind of surprised when they said I'd be interviewing Benny, since I had asked to talk to Brian. But this was super interesting for me, as drums aren't necessarily the first thing I pick out from a record. I thought he had some really cool insights into the writing and recording process, and it made me appreciate the record from new angles. I'm sure interviewing Brian would have done that too, but I'm glad I got to talk to Benny.

Haha, I love that part of the interview. He just started laughing and sounded super happy about it. I think the guys are really excited for this tour, and I'm sure that will be evident onstage.
07:00 AM on 08/12/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I actually think the fact that it wasn't Brian who was interviewed here added something to the story of this album maybe moreso than it otherwise would have. I can find a Brian Fallon interview on a myriad of other sites but it's interesting to get a different perspective here. Might be something to consider going forward.
Totally agree.
06:07 PM on 08/12/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I really liked the fact that other members of the band are getting a voice. I loved his answers, and your questions, and think this should be done more often.

I think I am going to try to interview more musicians who aren't the frontman in the future. Their schedules are usually more open too, I think, so the interviews are probably easier to put together.

Very solid interview. Great questions, and I loved reading Benny's perspective and about how he was recorded for this album. As someone who plays drums, it's a treat to see a band member talk about playing and their gear that's not a guitar.

I thought the ProTools bit was super interesting. I definitely do feel like the rhythm section gets the shaft in a lot of modern recording. I was listening to a few early Springsteen records on vinyl the other day, and the drums and bass on those really stand out, especially on wax. Everything else does too, of course: it's the friggin E Street Band. But I thought it was interesting to mark that contrast with newer stuff.

Between this and interviewing Nate and Christian from Anberlin, I'm really enjoying the interviews from a different band member's perspective than the singer's. Thanks Craig!

Thanks for reading!

Doesn't surprise me his favourite is Underneath the Ground. The drums really stick out on that track.

Just wanted to brag that this album is already out in Adelaide even though it's not supposed to be until the end of the week. Avoided the stream but picked it up yesterday and listened a few times already. Needs more time.

I was expecting one of the bigger rock tracks, since those are typically everyone's favorites to play live, but him choosing that track definitely made me look at it differently.
Inside AP.net
Popular Interviews
Finch Finch
1 week ago
Counting CrowsCounting Crows
2 weeks ago
The Copyrights The Copyrights
4 weeks ago
PalisadesPalisades
3 weeks ago
KimbraKimbra
24 hours ago