Logo courtesy of Vito Pagano...duh
Below is a list of band members participating in the Fantasy Football Challenge. The leagues are all hosted by Yahoo! Sports, using standard rules, schedules, rosters and scoring. Each league will be comprised of 8 teams, including the band member participating, guaranteeing a small, tight-knit experience for everyone!
If you're interested in being a part of the challenge, first check out the list below and determine whose league you would want to be in. Since the leagues will fill up quickly, make a note of a few leagues you would want to play in (you can choose up to 5). At 7pm EST tomorrow (Wednesday, August 13), we will begin collecting entries. This is to give everyone an equal shot at being a part of the league they really want to be a part of. Beginning at 7pm EST Wednesday, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow these instructions:
1. In the subject line, put the name of the band member whose league is your No. 1 choice. So, if I really want to be in Alex from All Time Low's fantasy league, my subject line will simply say "Alex Gaskarth."
2. In the body of the email, list at least five fantasy leagues you'd want to be in by preference. The time your email is submitted will be your place in line. Emails sent before 7pm EST will not be considered for entry.
If your first league choice is not available, we will move down your list and place you into the first available league. You can list however many you want – if you want to rank all 23 leagues, feel free to do so! If none of the leagues you listed are available by the time we get to your email, you will lose your spot in "line" – so the more leagues you list, the better chance you have of getting placed into one of them!
3. Additionally in the body of the email, include your PayPal email address and your AbsolutePunk.net username. This is all the information we need from you in the email. Remember, this is for charity – so please do not send us an email if you do not intend on contributing your $20 when we ask for it. This will waste our time and take up a spot in a league that could be used by someone who would be willing to contribute.
4. After we tentatively slot you into a league, we will send you an email informing you of whose league you have been put in. We will also give you details of how to send the $20 via PayPal for charity. The PayPal account will be used only for this purpose – as a holding account of sorts, until all the donations are received and we donate the money in a bulk sum next weekend. You will have 24 hours to send your $20 via PayPal to the holding account, and your spot in your league will be confirmed once you send this. If your contribution is not received within that timeframe, your spot will be given to someone else.
5. Once you are confirmed in your league, just sit tight. You will receive an email from the band members whose league you are in on Monday, August 18. At that time you guys will discuss when you want to draft and become familiar with your whole league.
Now then....have at it!
Band Member Name | Band Name
Dan Campbell | The Wonder Years
Josh Martin | The Wonder Years
Sean Mackin | Yellowcard
Chris Mojan | Fireworks
Jesse Johnson | Motion City Soundtrack
Brandon Pagano | Handguns
Mike Ferri | We Are the In Crowd
Brian Southall | TREOS
William Beckett | William Beckett
Mike Kinsella | Owen
Jack Barakat | All Time Low
Alex Gaskarth | All Time Low
Tom May | The Menzingers
Jim Riley | The Ghost Inside
Jonathan Vigil | The Ghost Inside
Nate Young | Anberlin
Derek Discanio | State Champs
Tony Diaz | State Champs
Tanner Jones | You Blew It
Cyrus Bolooki | New Found Glory
Chris Browder | Mansions
Dan Rose | Elder Brother
Ace Enders | The Early November