AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Fantasy Football for Charity: Year 2!

Posted by - 11:28 AM on 08/12/14
Today we are launching the second year of the AP.net Fantasy Football Challenge! Last year we raised nearly $3,000 for the Ronald McDonald House of Albany through this; again this year with the help of Dan from The Wonder Years, we've set up 23 (!) fantasy football leagues where you have the chance to play with members from a bunch of different bands from our community. For a $20 donation -- which will help us raise around $3,000 and will be donated to Shirts For A Cure to benefit breast cancer awareness and research -- you can participate in a fantasy football league with a member from some of your favorite bands throughout this year's football season. To find out who is playing, how to enter and ALL other details you'll need to know, hit the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 153
11:28 AM on 08/12/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

Logo courtesy of Vito Pagano...duh

Below is a list of band members participating in the Fantasy Football Challenge. The leagues are all hosted by Yahoo! Sports, using standard rules, schedules, rosters and scoring. Each league will be comprised of 8 teams, including the band member participating, guaranteeing a small, tight-knit experience for everyone!

If you're interested in being a part of the challenge, first check out the list below and determine whose league you would want to be in. Since the leagues will fill up quickly, make a note of a few leagues you would want to play in (you can choose up to 5). At 7pm EST tomorrow (Wednesday, August 13), we will begin collecting entries. This is to give everyone an equal shot at being a part of the league they really want to be a part of. Beginning at 7pm EST Wednesday, send an email to absolutepunkfantasy@gmail.com, and follow these instructions:

1. In the subject line, put the name of the band member whose league is your No. 1 choice. So, if I really want to be in Alex from All Time Low's fantasy league, my subject line will simply say "Alex Gaskarth."

2. In the body of the email, list at least five fantasy leagues you'd want to be in by preference. The time your email is submitted will be your place in line. Emails sent before 7pm EST will not be considered for entry. If your first league choice is not available, we will move down your list and place you into the first available league. You can list however many you want – if you want to rank all 23 leagues, feel free to do so! If none of the leagues you listed are available by the time we get to your email, you will lose your spot in "line" – so the more leagues you list, the better chance you have of getting placed into one of them!

3. Additionally in the body of the email, include your PayPal email address and your AbsolutePunk.net username. This is all the information we need from you in the email. Remember, this is for charity – so please do not send us an email if you do not intend on contributing your $20 when we ask for it. This will waste our time and take up a spot in a league that could be used by someone who would be willing to contribute.

4. After we tentatively slot you into a league, we will send you an email informing you of whose league you have been put in. We will also give you details of how to send the $20 via PayPal for charity. The PayPal account will be used only for this purpose – as a holding account of sorts, until all the donations are received and we donate the money in a bulk sum next weekend. You will have 24 hours to send your $20 via PayPal to the holding account, and your spot in your league will be confirmed once you send this. If your contribution is not received within that timeframe, your spot will be given to someone else.

5. Once you are confirmed in your league, just sit tight. You will receive an email from the band members whose league you are in on Monday, August 18. At that time you guys will discuss when you want to draft and become familiar with your whole league.

Now then....have at it!

Band Member Name | Band Name

Dan Campbell | The Wonder Years

Josh Martin | The Wonder Years

Sean Mackin | Yellowcard

Chris Mojan | Fireworks

Jesse Johnson | Motion City Soundtrack

Brandon Pagano | Handguns

Mike Ferri | We Are the In Crowd

Brian Southall | TREOS

William Beckett | William Beckett

Mike Kinsella | Owen

Jack Barakat | All Time Low

Alex Gaskarth | All Time Low

Tom May | The Menzingers

Jim Riley | The Ghost Inside

Jonathan Vigil | The Ghost Inside

Nate Young | Anberlin

Derek Discanio | State Champs

Tony Diaz | State Champs

Tanner Jones | You Blew It

Cyrus Bolooki | New Found Glory

Chris Browder | Mansions

Dan Rose | Elder Brother

Ace Enders | The Early November
11:40 AM on 08/12/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Can't wait for this to start. Had a great time with this last year.
11:40 AM on 08/12/14
esposimi
0118 999 881 99 9119 7253
User Info.
Aw yes. As the reigning champ of Pigeontown Football Club I look forward to this once again.

Do we know which charities each league is doing?
11:41 AM on 08/12/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
Solid. Already got my email drafted.
11:43 AM on 08/12/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
I noticed an issue with the date. It says to send it tomorrow but it has today's date.
11:47 AM on 08/12/14
Soupy
User Info.
I won my league last year and am looking to repeat. I'm also going to play in that league again this year just because I had so much fun with them.
11:47 AM on 08/12/14
cphelan3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Looking forward to this.. Great cause
11:50 AM on 08/12/14
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Sad that Brian from The Starting Line is too scared from the whoopass I brought him in last years championship game to renew the league
11:51 AM on 08/12/14
soadjaeger
User Info.
I noticed an issue with the date. It says to send it tomorrow but it has today's date.
Guessing they mean tomorrow since Wednesday is repeated but you're right
11:51 AM on 08/12/14
its all good 03
i am the wind, singing a sad song.
User Info.
in addition to the date issue mentioned, it says send at 7pm est, but then says e-mails sent before 6pm est won't be considered. Assuming that should should say e-mails before 7pm won't be considered.
11:52 AM on 08/12/14
soadjaeger
User Info.
Ended up in two leagues last year and had a lot of fun. Both band members ended up losing interest and going inactive but it was still a cool experience. Excited to play again
11:53 AM on 08/12/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
my bad y'all. it is TOMORROW at 7pm. I'll update that when I get out of the meeting I'm in.
11:54 AM on 08/12/14
Soupy
User Info.
Sad that Brian from The Starting Line is too scared from the whoopass I brought him in last years championship game to renew the league
That's actually my bad. I was trying to mix in some new names this year so I wanted to get all actively touring bands.
12:01 PM on 08/12/14
seanr91
User Info.
Missed out on this last year. Excited to try and be a part of it this year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos