AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anberlin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

All of Anberlin's Lyrics Now Up

Posted by - 10:34 AM on 08/21/14
Anberlin's site with all their lyrics and write-ups about the lyrics has been updated with all of the band's songs.
The title is a mantra that we as Anberlin have always tried to adhere to, we never wanted to be ‘rock stars’ we never wanted people to think that we thought of ourselves as better than anyone. We hope that we were more than just a band, we hope in the end that we are considered friends; I felt this was the perfect message to leave out on.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:09 AM on 08/21/14
JGG
User Info.
What does he mean when he says that the title of Stranger Things will only be known to those at AP.net?
11:17 AM on 08/21/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
What does he mean when he says that the title of Stranger Things will only be known to those at AP.net?
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthre...ost1320 01888
11:34 AM on 08/21/14
JGG
User Info.
11:52 AM on 08/21/14
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
It's interesting how he says multiple times in lowborn that a member didn't like a particular song, or, he was surprised a song made the record. Sounds like a VERY disjointed affair.
12:01 PM on 08/21/14
littlebeav
I'm Not a Doctor
User Info.
It's interesting how he says multiple times in lowborn that a member didn't like a particular song, or, he was surprised a song made the record. Sounds like a VERY disjointed affair.
I thought about that too. Could be it's the same deal with all the other albums, they just aren't as fresh on the memory.
12:31 PM on 08/21/14
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
This is really cool. How about the songs from Devotion and Lost Songs though?
01:26 PM on 08/21/14
Jason Morales
thankful for grace
User Info.
Stephen Christian is simply just one of THE coolest guys. Reading his thoughts behind these songs breathes major new life into them.

I remember back when The Everglow came out, the Mae guys were reluctant to say what the songs meant in order to leave them up to interpretation. Stephen echo'd that sentiment on the story behind A Whisper And A Clamor. I get it, but years later on all of these CDs (other than Lowborn) after building my own connection to them, now learning Stephen's outlook makes me want to revisit their entire catalogue all over again to get a different perspective.

This website of paraphrased meanings is one of the greatest things a band can do.
02:13 PM on 08/21/14
tacobell83200
Jesus Christ, did I fuck up?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Guess we'll never what he sang on Dissenter haha. That's really great to finally have the lyrics for lowborn. I loved the Hamburger comment, indeed that would be a great name for a record!
02:17 PM on 08/21/14
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I can't wait until people get confused why CDS Wireless Internet should know why a song has a certain title.
02:31 PM on 08/21/14
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the only lyrics in dissenter i've been able to decipher are "your confusion cripples me" haha
04:37 PM on 08/21/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
Agreed about "Losing It All." Top three track for me, I love that song. Lowborn is such a great exit record - especially with "Atonement" and all.
10:52 PM on 08/21/14
js977
js977
User Info.
Stephen is such a wonderful dude; more lyricists should do this. he's hilarious, too.
but having listened to it countless times since its release i still think lowborn is a terrific, if not their best, abum
05:06 AM on 08/22/14
Luroda
User Info.
Loved "Losing It All" as well.
01:55 PM on 08/22/14
Bryan GribbIe
"Don't get hit"- Isai
User Info.
I was hoping this would show some insights into Lowborn that would make me like it more than just "pretty well", but alas, not today.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos