AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Emery News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Aaron Sprinkle to Produce Vocals on New Emery Album

Posted by - 12:02 PM on 08/21/14
Emery sent out an email yesterday regarding their new album You Were Never Alone. The big news from the update was that producer Aaron Sprinkle will be producing the vocals on the album.

Submitted by teebs41

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46
12:10 PM on 08/21/14
GhostOverground
your history is mine
User Info.
I've always loved this band, but they've definitely become more polarizing in the last few years. I lost a lot of respect for them when they supported Chick-fil-a day in honor of homophobia. They've got the ability to create such incredible music, especially when they had Devin involved. I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be a great album, I just hope they aren't shoving Jesus down our throats.
12:21 PM on 08/21/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I've always loved this band, but they've definitely become more polarizing in the last few years. I lost a lot of respect for them when they supported Chick-fil-a day in honor of homophobia. They've got the ability to create such incredible music, especially when they had Devin involved. I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be a great album, I just hope they aren't shoving Jesus down our throats.

They did? Jeez. That's what religion does to a lot of people unfortunately.

Now I feel a little regretful that I contributed to their crowd funding for YWNA..
12:24 PM on 08/21/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I lost a lot of respect for them when they supported Chick-fil-a day in honor of homophobia.
Has no clue they did that. My respect for them just went down the drain.
12:38 PM on 08/21/14
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
guys, I'm pretty sure "in honor of homophobia" isn't the right way of saying it
12:38 PM on 08/21/14
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
also, I never looked at this campaign before but the perk they had for $750,000 is hilarious
01:03 PM on 08/21/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I'm going to start a Paula Deen Appreciation Day and then tell everyone it has nothing to do with racism.
01:13 PM on 08/21/14
Sanzen
Ricocheting
User Info.
I'm going to start a Paula Deen Appreciation Day and then tell everyone it has nothing to do with racism.
This is fucking stupid.
01:15 PM on 08/21/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
This.
01:38 PM on 08/21/14
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

yeah but either way it makes me not want to support them anymore. music or not, I'm not supporting religious close-mindedness
01:41 PM on 08/21/14
GhostOverground
your history is mine
User Info.
Yeah, I could have phrased that better. Then again, if someone wants to go off on how much they support limiting another group's human rights in the name of their god I'm not really sure I care about wordsmithing their objectives. Devin blowing up twitter with his anti-same sex marriage views was really frustrating to see. They lost a lot of fans over that and just made themselves look really ignorant in a lot of our eyes. For a band that wrote a song like Listening to Freddie Mercury, it was perplexing and disappointing as hell.
01:42 PM on 08/21/14
SkateFirm21
on the brightside, she could choke.
User Info.
Chick-fil-a isn't even homophobic. dont always listen to the media.
01:44 PM on 08/21/14
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
yeah but either way it makes me not want to support them anymore. music or not, I'm not supporting religious close-mindedness
How open-minded of you.
01:46 PM on 08/21/14
huludfan82
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not that I dont believe this is quite possible, but is/was there any evidence of the chick-fil-a thing? I feel like it's something this community woulda been discussing at the time if it were true (note, I could have easily missed the conversation about it)
01:54 PM on 08/21/14
GhostOverground
your history is mine
User Info.
Not that I dont believe this is quite possible, but is/was there any evidence of the chick-fil-a thing? I feel like it's something this community woulda been discussing at the time if it were true (note, I could have easily missed the conversation about it)
I think Devin deleted most of it off of his twitter. This archive has some http://twtrland.com/profile/Devinitely

The main uproar I believe was on Emery's facebook page. I remember a ton of comments of people saying they were gay or supportive, and had been Emery fans and were pretty upset.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos