AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Wonder Years Added to Soundwave 2015?

Posted by - 01:31 PM on 08/24/14
It looks like The Wonder Years will be playing Soundwave 2015 (lineup includes Faith No More, Soundgarden, Slipknot, Fall Out Boy, New Found Glory and more). The band had to cancel their Australian tour for circumstances outside of their control last week.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
03:56 PM on 08/24/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
This is really cool, not sure if I'll go though. The rest of the line-up is pretty great but I've seen a lot of those bands before. I was pumped for a TWY headline set during their tour, but have already seen them play a 40-minute festival set at a previous Soundwave. Still cool they have gotten back to Oz so quickly after having to cancel though.
Anyone know the full reason why they cancelled? Just a dodgy promoter?
05:12 PM on 08/24/14
DeLorean88
Everything Will Be Alright
User Info.
I understand that the tour cancellation was out of there control, and that's not what I'm disappointed at. I'm disappointed that they've (still needs to be confirmed) decided to join the Soundwave Festival* which skips Perth, Darwin, Hobart and Canberra. I bought multiple tickets to the Perth show, and the ticket seller is still being an ass about refunding them, and again, I know that part isn't there fault, but if they are joining Soundwave, it's usually unlikely that a band will tour to Australia again within the same 12 months, and thus meaning they won't be coming to Perth for at least three years.

*I understand that none of this is was the bands intentions, and I'm not saying it is, and Soundwave is surely just the fix that they came up with. But It's just annoying that the festival doesn't come to half of the Australian cities.
05:14 PM on 08/24/14
dumpweed41
User Info.
Sweet. If they're added to the same day as the swellers I might actually go this year
06:57 PM on 08/24/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
I understand that the tour cancellation was out of there control, and that's not what I'm disappointed at. I'm disappointed that they've (still needs to be confirmed) decided to join the Soundwave Festival* which skips Perth, Darwin, Hobart and Canberra. I bought multiple tickets to the Perth show, and the ticket seller is still being an ass about refunding them, and again, I know that part isn't there fault, but if they are joining Soundwave, it's usually unlikely that a band will tour to Australia again within the same 12 months, and thus meaning they won't be coming to Perth for at least three years.

*I understand that none of this is was the bands intentions, and I'm not saying it is, and Soundwave is surely just the fix that they came up with. But It's just annoying that the festival doesn't come to half of the Australian cities.
Yeah that is disappointing and of course out of their control. Soundwave comes to Adelaide, but now instead of paying $40 to see them for a full set, I'd have to pay $200 and sit through some shitty metalcore bands just to see them for 40 minutes.
07:30 PM on 08/24/14
Mattx182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah that is disappointing and of course out of their control. Soundwave comes to Adelaide, but now instead of paying $40 to see them for a full set, I'd have to pay $200 and sit through some shitty metalcore bands just to see them for 40 minutes.
My thoughts exactly
07:33 PM on 08/24/14
berniemac1234
User Info.

Don't they usually have side Soundwave shows in different cities as well? I wouldn't be surprised if they added more headlining dates around Soundwave.
09:29 PM on 08/24/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Don't they usually have side Soundwave shows in different cities as well? I wouldn't be surprised if they added more headlining dates around Soundwave.
They have "side-waves" which a lot of the bands do but whether that is still as prominent next year (with a two-day festival) remains to be seen. If TWY had a sidewave that would be a great outcome.

Also, does anyone know whether I need to contact the ticket place for a TWY tour refund? Or should they just put it back on my credit card?
09:41 PM on 08/24/14
WatchingYou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
^^ I was told the refund would go through automatically, depends who you bought with I suppose.
11:38 PM on 08/24/14
Redfoo419
User Info.
The Swellers, New Found Glory & The Wonder Years sidewave?

Oh and rumor is that because the Palace has shut down that there won't be as many sidewaves. I assume that'll mostly affect the big bands due to the Palace's capacity.
05:06 AM on 08/25/14
Lacedwithshame
My dirty head in your lap
User Info.
Don't really like a whole lot of the bands announced this year. I'm a pretty causal fan for a few of them, but I can't say it's worth going for the price.
The Wonder Years being on the bill does make Soundwave more appealing though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos