Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 413.
11:52 PM on 07/07/08
rockdude
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds like ap.net is still holding a few grudges against a certain member.

if you wish to rest all musical opinions on ap.net then you'd miss out on a lot of great bands, i say buy the record. I really enjoy it.
12:02 AM on 07/08/08
NFGmoviestar
is dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it's nice to see the bias back is real journalism
12:03 AM on 07/08/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
sounds like ap.net is still holding a few grudges against a certain member.

if you wish to rest all musical opinions on ap.net then you'd miss out on a lot of great bands, i say buy the record. I really enjoy it.
LOL

If our reviews don't hold any water, why do so many people look forward to them and beg us to review their material? Just because one forgettable, bad album doesn't earn a favorable review on its own merits doesn't mean the site as a whole is to blame -- it's the band, who decided to destroy a promising sound by going all trendy and making something bland, dull and not even the least bit catchy.
12:05 AM on 07/08/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Bwahahahahahahaha

Ironic, since you're the biased one.
12:17 AM on 07/08/08
NFGmoviestar
is dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bwahahahahahahaha

Ironic, since you're the biased one.

yes, i'm the biased one.

but i'm not the one with the pen
12:23 AM on 07/08/08
Greg_Merch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is complete and udder bullshit.
First off, I don't know where you get off attacking a band like this, it seems to me like this isn't an album review at all. Perhaps someone is so sexually frustrated, that they have to take it out on a band that is clearly making a 'movement,' something you may be unable to even do in a bedroom. Besides the blatant and clearly visible attacks on TAV's new album, you obviously didn't think clearly when you stopped listening after 30 seconds in to the album. If the band took the safe road as you stated, they would have kept drawing listeners and the songs people wanted to hear. Instead, they actually made new songs... new songs, who would have thought. Maybe you should give the album another listen before you attack the album on personal feelings towards the band.
It is completely insane to me how unprofessionally staffed this site is and what a biased joke it is.
I'm not even angry at the fact that you just disendowed the entire album of it's greatness, but I am angry at the fact that kid's actually may believe the lie's that crawled out of your mouth and because of that, some might not even give this album a chance. The point of an album review is to talk about the positives and negatives. It's hard to respect an album review and the person who wrote the review if it's all trash talk.
12:37 AM on 07/08/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
yes, i'm the biased one.

but i'm not the one with the pen
And you're the one with someone's pen in your mouth.
12:41 AM on 07/08/08
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.

It's refreshing to see that people don't realize bias is something that you can not take out of any form of journalism. Stop throwing that word around.

take it out on a band that is clearly making a 'movement,'

That's where you lost everyone on your little tirade, pal.
12:42 AM on 07/08/08
TheOtherAndrew
Fuck Armageddon, This is HFIL
User Info.
First off, I don't know where you get off attacking a band like this, it seems to me like this isn't an album review at all. Perhaps someone is so sexually frustrated that they have to take it out on a band that is clearly making a 'movement,' something you may be unable to do in a bedroom. Besides the blatant and clearly visible attacks on TAV's new album, you obviously didn't think clearly when you stopped listening after 30 seconds in to the album. If the band took the safe road as you stated, they would have kept drawing listeners and the songs people wanted to hear. Instead, they actually made new songs... new songs, who would have thought. Maybe you should give the album another listen before you attack the album on personal feelings towards the band.
It is completely insane to me how unprofessionally staffed this site is and what a biased joke it is.
I'm not even angry at the fact that you just disendowed the entire album, but I am angry at the fact that kid's actually may believe the lie's that crawled out of your mouth and because of that, some might not even give this album a chance. The point of an album review is to talk about the positives and negatives. It's hard to respect an album review and the person who wrote the review if it's all trash talk.
hahahahahahaha fucking crazy.

It wasn't all trash talk. He said that the band had potential and blew it. I don't see how that's unreasonable.
12:44 AM on 07/08/08
UntilItKillsYou
Does it feel like a Trial?
User Info.

Thats a burn

And I respect Tony's opinion more than a girl's with the album cover as her avatar
12:44 AM on 07/08/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
hahahahahahaha fucking crazy.

It wasn't all trash talk. He said that the band had potential and blew it. I don't see how that's unreasonable.
Greg Merch is biased.
12:58 AM on 07/08/08
TheOtherAndrew
Fuck Armageddon, This is HFIL
User Info.
Moo.
01:00 AM on 07/08/08
Nathan Lint
That's the real joke
User Info.
I love how every fucking pop band we give a bad score these days has a group of fanboys that attack our reviewers for giving them a bad mark.

How about you explain why you disagree instead of attacking for a change? Or if you want to test the waters, write a fucking review yourself.

P.S. - I agree that this is definitely a lackluster effort. If bands don't want us to give them a bad review, they should write more inspired music.
01:12 AM on 07/08/08
NFGmoviestar
is dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

yes, i'm a girl who supports a band so i obviously have someone's "pen" in my mouth.

go listen to the album, make an opinion for yourself. don't base it on this bullshit review or my rambling posts.
01:18 AM on 07/08/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
yes, i'm a girl who supports a band so i obviously have someone's "pen" in my mouth.

go listen to the album, make an opinion for yourself. don't base it on this bullshit review or my rambling posts.
They support you, you support their p33ns ... it's all good. I know how it works

I have listened to this album. Well, if you want to call it that, considering I had a gun in my mouth most of the time and was thinking about whether or not i wanted to live or finish this shitty record.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests