Daniel Thompson
Act 1, Scene 3
User Info.
hmmm i should probably have a listen.
08:03 PM on 07/18/08
seraph1214
Sing you to coma, so to speak.
User Info.
This album seems so far away. I can't wait for 8/26.
09:12 PM on 07/18/08
SandManTEND13
Disprespect Your Surroundings!
User Info.
Great Review! I am excited to listen to this album, I am not fond of the title though it sounds like the new X Files movie title
10:04 PM on 07/18/08
industrialbelt
don't you quote me!
User Info.
fast? raw? emotional punch? count me in. you sure know how to tease a man, drew.
11:23 PM on 07/18/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Excited to hear this. Hope it lives up the hype. I need a refreshing pop-punk album.
06:49 AM on 07/19/08
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
Solid review Drew. Looking forward to hearing the album.
07:38 AM on 07/19/08
Loch_Doun
registered registered user
User Info.
Hit The Lights deserves some credit also for creating quality pop punk in this scene
08:14 AM on 07/19/08
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Hit The Lights deserves some credit also for creating quality pop punk in this scene
I agree with you as well. Skip School was an album I thought was excellent. Anyways I think Drew wrote a nice quality review here. I was not expecting him to say that this hits fast the whole way for the most part. I was kind of expecting there to be one or two slow numbers for some reason. I also agree with the person who said This Could Be A Possibility had its moments. From the couple songs I heard live, the demo of Holiday, and now this review, my expectations and anticipation have risen. So stoked for this now. Maybe this and HTL can tide me over until New Found Glory comes out.
11:16 AM on 07/19/08
nashiscash1324
alright alright alright
User Info.
im still excited!
11:34 AM on 07/19/08
allisterkid
here since blink fansite
User Info.
Pop punk for life yo!

Thanks I never listened to these guys but now I'm gonna be sure to check this album out.
03:41 PM on 07/19/08
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
User Info.
I really cant wait for this album. Im gonna explode. I loved TCBAP and I think im gonna love this album even more.
05:12 PM on 07/19/08
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
nice review especially the last paragraph
07:55 PM on 07/19/08
bloodyr0mance87
User Info.
good review. whenever i hear these guys i remember what it is i LOVE about pop-punk. they just nail it and make me think about the first time i heard albums like Leaving Through the Window, New Found Glory, and Say It Like You Mean It and was just floored. i can't wait for this album to drop.

there is much truth to this statement. it's bands like HTL and Valencia, who place an emphasis on being great dudes that make honest, compelling music, that will take pop-punk back from a lot of the other newer bands who are (much) more style than substance.
08:15 PM on 07/19/08
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
There are plenty of bands infinitely better than Valencia keeping pop-punk alive. Most of them are older, seasoned bands though, or new groups formed from the demise of previous bands.

It's a well-written review but honestly, I cannot understand the buzz surrounding this band or Hit the Lights at all.
08:36 PM on 07/19/08
sowrongitsryan
R MAC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There are plenty of bands infinitely better than Valencia keeping pop-punk alive. Most of them are older, seasoned bands though, or new groups formed from the demise of previous bands.

It's a well-written review but honestly, I cannot understand the buzz surrounding this band or Hit the Lights at all.
the difference between hit the lights and valencia is that the htl buzz isn't deserved. valencia's new album is 10x better than htl's
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums