Password

Album Review
I Am the Dream - Shapes & Colors Album Cover

I Am the Dream - Shapes & Colors

Reviewed by
I Am the Dream - Shapes & Colors
Record Label: One Eleven Records
Release Date: July 1, 2008
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
05:42 PM on 08/11/08
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
User Info.
Awful just awful
01:51 PM on 08/14/08
meghanlail
Do you know what stars are?
User Info.
Yeah...this is really bad.
02:03 PM on 08/14/08
darkmartheight
The kid with the chemicals.
User Info.
They sure whore the shit out of this as an advertisement on ap.net's main page. I went to listen to it and thought it was horrid. Two girls one cup sounds way better than this :o
02:22 PM on 08/14/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Yeah, I tried to listen to this and just couldn't stomach it. And I hear some awful music. The rapping has no flow, and the beats are really amateurish. They could have signed much better.
02:27 PM on 08/14/08
joshy hizzle
Rocky Top
User Info.
Good review, this album is garbage.
"I'd rather spend an evening giving birth"....
05:56 PM on 08/14/08
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
EP of the Year.
05:57 PM on 08/14/08
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
I mean it.

(I don't mean it)
10:41 PM on 08/14/08
BalancingacT
...ladies
User Info.
I've thought long and hard about it, and I've decided that yes, I am the only human being alive that likes I Am the Dream.

Well actually they're really bad, but I'm obsessed with their song "Le Retour".
04:02 PM on 08/17/08
MOM_ALWAYS_SAID
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It Wasn't Trash...no, It Wasn't Album Of The Year, But For The Most Part They Put Some Effort Into It! To Compare It To Trace Cyrus Trying To Rap, Is A Pretty Crude Statement. But Whatever, Everyone Has Their Opinion. Plus I Like 3 Oh! 3, Amd Metro Station. Jeffrey Star Is Wayyyyy Worse Then I Am The Dream! Blieve That!
04:42 PM on 08/17/08
knowsMUSIC0101
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i love reviews like these.....i have been listening to i am the dream for a few months now, and to say that you can compare them to music like 3 oh 3 and jeffery starr, you got to be kidding me...

absolutepunk.net really sucks a nice nut and destroys a lot of reviews....why because they think that if you can master an instrument you should be signed???? is that why????

so now you cant make music and express yourselves in this art form because you cant master how to play the drums or the guitar????

get the hell out of here, its people with opinions like these that make great artists like i am the dream bring something different to the table....just because you dont have ears for it, doesnt mean you have to bash it just because theyre not the "reign of kindo" or "modest mouse"

you all are really retarded and simple minded if you cant except new music into the instustry, which is terribly lacking with innovation and new ideas....

keep an open mind about music and art, music comes in many forms, if you dont like something, keep it to yourself instead of bashing people that work hard and express them selves through the art of music

than you

whoever reads this comment i just made......please spread the word of I AM THE DREAM and theyre innovative new type of music with many genres put together.....simply amazing and creative....keep it up DREAM!!!!!

spead the word!!!!!

lets make music a place of unity not opinionated assholes
11:18 AM on 08/18/08
sundaydrivekid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
have u ever seen these boys live?????? they have the craziest show everrrrrr. their ep was good but its nothing compared to their stage shit. i don know why ppl r such assholes to iatd.

ppl have to stop being bitches and respect every artist. its easy to tlk shit infront of your computerrrr. and wtf is with comparuing them to jeffery star and trace cyrus. this reviewer must be one of those wannabe trendy hipsters who listens to elliott smith all day and think not shaving his 5oclock shadow makes him feel more like a man!

and why is absolutepunk reviewing this band? of course a website like this would bash iatd. just because i am the dream is on the same record company as the spill canvas doesnt mean you have to be such close minded whinny punkasses
11:19 AM on 08/18/08
diy_ethic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess you have to be extremely close minded to not like the EP. Just like the reviewer who's probably a huge fan of the A.K.As and Fall Out Boy. It's calle originality and that's what this is. Completely original like nothing I've ever heard. Them being compared to Trace Cyrus rapping makes me think that you didn't even listen to the record and are just going on a whim because there is no parental advisory sticker on it or a really dark and morbid picture of skulls and bones and other cool real hipster shit.
11:41 AM on 08/18/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
to say that you can compare them to music like 3 oh 3 and jeffery starr, you got to be kidding me...

keep an open mind about music and art, music comes in many forms, if you dont like something, keep it to yourself instead of bashing people that work hard and express them selves through the art of music
Good lord. First off, the label compares them to 3oh3 on the sticker of the CD itself we got. And they asked for a review - this is a review. Not all are going to be positive. Especially for this release.

and why is absolutepunk reviewing this band?
Because it got sent to us.

I guess you have to be extremely close minded to not like the EP.
No you don't. I like all sorts of music and I hate this EP.
11:42 AM on 08/18/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Fucking street teamers.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT