User Info.
sleepygrlgreen
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
North Jersey
Female - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by Ratherbedead22
my last sentence sounds like a tagline.
i've never really had a problem with scratched up dvds or not getting what i want. i'm also not that big into the indie movies so that might explain it.

it's all preference when it comes down to it.
04:42 PM on 01/30/06 
User Info.
ImJerry
Systematic.
O-town, Mo.
Male - 26 Years Old
Originally Posted by lanolynn
Does anybody else who has netflix think the service has sucked over the last several months or is it just me?
i signed up for it a couple weeks ago, but ran out of money so they froze my account. One day, i'll pay the bill and rent again.
i never noticed the service sucking though..
05:10 PM on 01/30/06 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member
Blockbuster online was incredible. 15 bucks, 3 movies out at a time. It takes no effort to go to the video store, you constantly have movies to watch, and you never have to worry about having a movie be out when you make a trip. I did it for 3 months and it was perfect for renting TV shows.
08:46 AM on 01/31/06 
User Info.
lanolynn
yellowcard killed my wife
murfreesboro, tn
Male - 30 Years Old
Originally Posted by sleepygrlgreen
i think that these sort of services suck. how horrible is it that people find it inconvenient to go to to a local video store to rent something anymore? it's really not that strenuous and time consuming. in fact, i think it adds to the whole movie watching experience.

how does it "add to the whole movie watching experience"?
08:49 AM on 01/31/06 
User Info.
radiofriendly
stachy destroyer
Dallas, TX
Male - 29 Years Old

i always enjoyed going to the video store and looking through all the titles and stuff. it's easier for me to recall a movie i haven't seen in forever or find something i wasn't looking for. i don't know "adding to the whole experience" may be cheesy, but it's fun.
08:51 AM on 01/31/06 
User Info.
radiofriendly
stachy destroyer
Dallas, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by Scott Weber
Blockbuster online was incredible. 15 bucks, 3 movies out at a time. It takes no effort to go to the video store, you constantly have movies to watch, and you never have to worry about having a movie be out when you make a trip. I did it for 3 months and it was perfect for renting TV shows.

i can see that. having a system of stuff to watch like tv shows. it just kind of takes the spontanaiety out of it. plus, i probably have more trouble getting movies to the mailbox then to drop box, haha. is it wierd? i don't know. probably...
08:57 AM on 01/31/06 
User Info.
sleepygrlgreen
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
North Jersey
Female - 27 Years Old
i know at least for me, i enjoy going into a blockbuster or wherever and just looking through each section to see what i'd like to watch. maybe it sounds childish, but it's fun walking in being able to pick out anything you want, then rushing back home to watch the movie. i said this before, it's a different experience for everyone, but it just isn't the same to me without actually going out and renting a movie.
12:58 PM on 01/31/06 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member
Originally Posted by radiofriendly
i can see that. having a system of stuff to watch like tv shows. it just kind of takes the spontanaiety out of it. plus, i probably have more trouble getting movies to the mailbox then to drop box, haha. is it wierd? i don't know. probably...
haha, yeah it is, considering all you have to do is stick them in your mailbox and put the flag up, then the mailman will take it to the Post Office and it gets sent out that day. I don't have a car, so I'd have to walk to Blockbuster. It's not that far, but I have to walk up a huge hill to get back, which sucks.
07:22 PM on 01/31/06 
User Info.
concealer611
Deer Park, TX
Male
Blockbuster Online is great I have had no problems, except when I had to move they took a while to get the change of address, but other than that Blockbuster is the way to go.
09:00 AM on 04/21/06 
User Info.
kirbs84
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
I'm very tempted to start using this service. It seems like it's a great deal. I just have a few questions for some of you who already use it.

How fast is the delivery time? (I'm in Louisiana, if that can help you give me an estimate)

I live in an apartment complex, and since the hurricanes, the mail system has been pretty bad. I get other peoples mail sometimes and they get mine on occasion. Has this ever happened with a disc your ordered, and what did you do about it?

What plan do you think is the best for the money?

Can you change the order of the movies in your "que"

Do you ever get movies that have been scratched and are unable to be played?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
09:02 AM on 04/21/06 
User Info.
bobbo8
@RM_Mathews
Revere, Ma
Male - 27 Years Old
I got Netflix and it kicks fucking ass. It takes 1-2 days to get movies as long as they're not in high demand. I got the 3 movies at a time for $20 a month. If your going to get it i suggest buying a dvd burner too. Yes you can change the order of movies in your que. If they are scratched or unable to play just send them back and check off the box on the cd slip.
09:21 AM on 04/21/06 
User Info.
Trainsaw
netflix is the bomb, it does take acouple days to get the movie but they have distribution centers set up all across america so you get them decently fast. I have the 3 unlimited for 17.99 a month. I burn the hell out of some movies, never really haev a problem. Netflix knows they get lost in the mail sometimes and its not that big of a deal as long as it doesn't happen regularly, they'll cover the cost. Def do it if you have a dvd burner
10:35 AM on 04/21/06 
User Info.
kirbs84
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
cool, thanks for the input
11:37 AM on 04/21/06 
User Info.
kirbs84
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
Just signed up for the Free Trial with the 3 at a time plan. I've already got about 12 movies in queue
11:47 AM on 04/21/06 
User Info.
Spicoli hey bud
The kids won't come around tonight.
NYC
Male - 28 Years Old
I love netflix

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music