Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

03:16 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
im_random
girl'sastraightuphustler
new jersey isn't...
Female - 26 Years Old
Originally Posted by commatosa
Goddammit, I thought you were a dude. I normally wouldn't have been so mean if I knew you were a girl. Dammit, now I feel like an ass. Sorry. Anyway, I was kidding when I first said that all Yankees are douche bags. I was making a joke.

Haha it's chill, I don't take it personally.

But yeah, I just get pissed when people say the yankees are all assholes because sure, a few of them are..but a majority of them aren't.
03:21 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
commatosa
Rock and Rizzle
Richland, WA
Male
Originally Posted by im_random
Haha it's chill, I don't take it personally.

But yeah, I just get pissed when people say the yankees are all assholes because sure, a few of them are..but a majority of them aren't.

Well, I'm a die hard Red Sox and Mariners fan. Everyone that likes the mariners hate the yankees and, as you know, all red sox fans hate the yankees. But I DO respect that they're so absolutely dominant of the sport. I can't think of a better rival to have. They've pretty much monopolized the game.
03:27 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
im_random
girl'sastraightuphustler
new jersey isn't...
Female - 26 Years Old
Well, I'm a die hard Red Sox and Mariners fan. Everyone that likes the mariners hate the yankees and, as you know, all red sox fans hate the yankees. But I DO respect that they're so absolutely dominant of the sport. I can't think of a better rival to have. They've pretty much monopolized the game.

Well thanks for admitting that because most of the sox fans that I know wouldn't ever say something like that, they're too busy complaining about how much they hate the Yankees. But yeah, I completely agree about the rivalry thing. I look forward to the Yanks/Red Sox games every time they play..and a few years ago I went to an ALCS game at yankee stadium between the two teams and it was AWESOME. There's just so much energy in the crowd and tension between the fans and it's just such an awesome atmosphere.

I also have to say that I respect the Red Sox for coming back in this series and MOST of their fans, because in my opinion they have the most dedicated fan base as a whole.
03:37 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
commatosa
Rock and Rizzle
Richland, WA
Male
Originally Posted by im_random
Well thanks for admitting that because most of the sox fans that I know wouldn't ever say something like that, they're too busy complaining about how much they hate the Yankees. But yeah, I completely agree about the rivalry thing. I look forward to the Yanks/Red Sox games every time they play..and a few years ago I went to an ALCS game at yankee stadium between the two teams and it was AWESOME. There's just so much energy in the crowd and tension between the fans and it's just such an awesome atmosphere.

I also have to say that I respect the Red Sox for coming back in this series and MOST of their fans, because in my opinion they have the most dedicated fan base as a whole.

Well don't get me wrong, I still hate the Yankees, and if the Red Sox didn't win yesterday I wouldn't have admitted that. BUT, if I were to say that the Yankees suck then I'd be kidding myself. They're easily the biggest powerhouse in any sport.
03:40 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
im_random
girl'sastraightuphustler
new jersey isn't...
Female - 26 Years Old
Well don't get me wrong, I still hate the Yankees, and if the Red Sox didn't win yesterday I wouldn't have admitted that. BUT, if I were to say that the Yankees suck then I'd be kidding myself. They're easily the biggest powerhouse in any sport.

haha well either way it's cool you admitted it.
06:30 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
selftitled85
Aww Jeet Jeet motha fucka!
Arlington, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
you also gotta remember. the red sox have the second highest pay roll. and all the guys they pick up is just to beat the yanks. the yanks are good cuz they buy talent too but the aura of being a yankee lures them in too. you hear it from every guy, its so much dif playin the game when your a yankee. ive been a yankee fan since birth and i hate the lakers and the pats are ok but im a giants fan and a miami heat fan. so screw u and ur generalizations
10:22 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
still_life
this is the moment
Pittsburgh
Male - 28 Years Old
Fucking great 3 games. Sox better take game 7. I don't even give a shit if they get sweeped and shutout the entire WS, as long as they beat the Yankees, that'll be perfect.
10:26 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
derricklc22
Gentelman in Training
TN
Male - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by Jason Tate
a rod is a little bitch.

Agreed. He also always has this look on his face.
10:27 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
commatosa
Rock and Rizzle
Richland, WA
Male
The red sox are already the first team in major league history to come from 3 games back and force a game 7. Why stop there? Why not be the first team in major league history to come from 3 games back and win the series? I think they have every bit of momentum. Please God, let this be a sign. Yeah, those yankee fans sure are classy. It's funny, that's like the 8th time I've seen that happen at Yankee stadium. Figures, they don't care if they have to cheat. I think A-Rod should get a pay cut for that.
11:54 PM on 10/19/04 
User Info.
derricklc22
Gentelman in Training
TN
Male - 29 Years Old
It just ticked me off how he acted like he didnt do anything. I mean I know we'd all done the same thing, but it still made me mad.
07:46 AM on 10/20/04 
User Info.
mOvielife99
the movielife sucks
atlanta
Male - 26 Years Old
god i hate them. wanting the yankees to win the world series is like wanting bill gates to win the lottery
10:24 AM on 10/20/04 
User Info.
brandnizzle32
pour salt in your wound
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
i hate to love the yankees.. they r the lakers of baseball... without them who r we to root against. If the yankees weren't around then i would hate boston because they do the same thing NY does but they cant win... and no i dont have any pitty for bostons curse because im a bengals fan.
01:13 PM on 10/20/04 
User Info.
selftitled85
Aww Jeet Jeet motha fucka!
Arlington, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by brandnizzle32
i hate to love the yankees.. they r the lakers of baseball... without them who r we to root against. If the yankees weren't around then i would hate boston because they do the same thing NY does but they cant win... and no i dont have any pitty for bostons curse because im a bengals fan.

bengals...oy vey. well at least no one can balme you for front runnin. i been a yanks fan all my life.
08:00 PM on 10/20/04 
User Info.
Lets Deja Vu
You slipped into my drink
California
28 Years Old
I love the yankees, so fuck you all. LOL
12:38 PM on 10/22/04 
User Info.
BuriedAlive
We want football!
Sarasota, Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by brandnizzle32
saying that they are the lakers of baseball was a little off. the lakers built their teams mostly out of drafts. granted i dont like them. but they yankees are a whole different thing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos