Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34
09:21 PM on 11/22/04
AbsentTruth
we will overcome
User Info.
Beau is the shit cracka........

I the band last year when they played in state college and he was the coolest dude in the band.
09:27 PM on 11/22/04
randall814
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by ninalp
i'm pretty sure its say-O-shin

what is so hard to grasp here. i just explained it. since anthony was the only one who was so worried about the pronunciation of the band's name, they did away with SAY-OCEAN as they did away with anthony. the band now, themselves, pronounce it Say-Oh-Sin...i heard it at a show myself last week, and i have videos from other shows during the tour. the name is now Say-Oh-Sin, so everyone stop losing sleep.
10:43 AM on 11/23/04
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm been pronouncing it "say-oh-zin" since I first heard of them. It just rolls off the tongue much easier than "say-ocean."
05:54 AM on 11/25/04
The Bled 13
Cease2xist.
User Info.
Whoa, I wish that was my name.
06:50 PM on 12/07/04
turbonium
Registered Gangsta
User Info.
saosin is fucking awesome

cove is fucking awesome... that mookies last christmas demo is amazing.

they need a longer interview as stated above.
10:31 AM on 12/08/04
seanfromfolsom
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hahah im so happy they pronounce it say o sin now cuz thats how i always said it even knowing it was say ocean say o sin just sounds alot cooler
anthony or cove saosin rocks

does any one know if its true slayers drum tech did some or all of the drumming on one of there recordings hahaha
05:48 AM on 12/09/04
randall814
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by seanfromfolsom
hahah im so happy they pronounce it say o sin now cuz thats how i always said it even knowing it was say ocean say o sin just sounds alot cooler
anthony or cove saosin rocks

does any one know if its true slayers drum tech did some or all of the drumming on one of there recordings hahaha

yes, this is true. also, the bass player on the EP is now in ashlee simpsons band...god knows how the fuck that happened...but its more money for him.
11:12 AM on 12/10/04
em0_stars
Count Me Out
User Info.
Originally Posted by randall814
yes, this is true. also, the bass player on the EP is now in ashlee simpsons band...god knows how the fuck that happened...but its more money for him.

that is funny sht
11:14 AM on 12/10/04
em0_stars
Count Me Out
User Info.
ive been pronouncing it sa-oh-sin
11:27 AM on 12/10/04
ninalp
the city's been dead...
User Info.
Originally Posted by em0_stars
ive been pronouncing it sa-oh-sin

i think we are over the pronounciation business
11:28 AM on 12/10/04
ninalp
the city's been dead...
User Info.
not to be mean, btw
03:53 AM on 01/17/05
NationalProduct
User Info.
Originally Posted by randall814

So this is pretty interesting. Basically what happened, is I grew up in Hawaii with this kid named Braxton who had been playing in punk bands growing up there. I moved to california and he would aim me all the time asking how it was, and i was like, "its amazing, you can see so many bands everynight" because in hawaii we got maybe 2 really good bands a year and that was that. so long story short, he came to So Cal and started going to an art/music school where he met Zach. Zach had just left Saosin due to some personal reasons and during this moment, i met Ray Brady who was a guitar player for Jessica Simspon and was also doing stuff with the black eyed peas. We became friends and he offered to produce some of our demo stuff and it just so happened that Jessica's show became a huge hit, and Ashlee wanted to do a group and Geffen offered to back it. Ray called me up asking if I knew of any good guitar and bass players. The first thing that came to my mind was Braxton & Zach. They auditioned, and 1 week later got the job. Braxton & Zach both basically got out of school and now are touring full time with Ashlee and getting paid decent, but experiencing alot of things they would have never otherwise so its pretty cool they got the gig.... and thats how it happened. they lived happily ever after.... the end.

did anyone see the usc game? heavy
01:34 AM on 01/20/05
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
User Info.
Originally Posted by NationalProduct
So this is pretty interesting. Basically what happened, is I grew up in Hawaii with this kid named Braxton who had been playing in punk bands growing up there. I moved to california and he would aim me all the time asking how it was, and i was like, "its amazing, you can see so many bands everynight" because in hawaii we got maybe 2 really good bands a year and that was that. so long story short, he came to So Cal and started going to an art/music school where he met Zach. Zach had just left Saosin due to some personal reasons and during this moment, i met Ray Brady who was a guitar player for Jessica Simspon and was also doing stuff with the black eyed peas. We became friends and he offered to produce some of our demo stuff and it just so happened that Jessica's show became a huge hit, and Ashlee wanted to do a group and Geffen offered to back it. Ray called me up asking if I knew of any good guitar and bass players. The first thing that came to my mind was Braxton & Zach. They auditioned, and 1 week later got the job. Braxton & Zach both basically got out of school and now are touring full time with Ashlee and getting paid decent, but experiencing alot of things they would have never otherwise so its pretty cool they got the gig.... and thats how it happened. they lived happily ever after.... the end.

did anyone see the usc game? heavy

so what do they think about the whole ashlee simpson deal now?
01:49 AM on 01/20/05
NationalProduct
User Info.
To be honest I never asked Beau or Cove and I can only assume that being the nice guys they are, they are happy for one another in both places that each individual is in right now. Its just rock n roll and im sure that as long as everyone is still able to play music, which i know is all of their passions, everyone is happy.
01:51 AM on 01/20/05
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
User Info.
Originally Posted by NationalProduct
To be honest I never asked Beau or Cove and I can only assume that being the nice guys they are, they are happy for one another in both places that each individual is in right now. Its just rock n roll and im sure that as long as everyone is still able to play music, which i know is all of their passions, everyone is happy.

actually i was referring to zach's reaction to the ashlee simpson problems.. u know, snl and her blaming the band and whatnot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos