Password

Album Review

T13C - We've Created a Monster Album Cover

T13C - We've Created a Monster

Reviewed by
T13C - We've Created a Monster
Record Label: True/False Records
Release Date: April 17, 2008
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Who?

This Gainesville, Florida five piece are yet another band who love super bright neon colors as much as they love to write catchy, danceable, hook laden, moog-infused, pop-punk.

How is it?

The honest answer is "it's okay". T13C aren't the best band to come out of the scene, perhaps because they truly sound like everything else out there. On this EP, the band hasn't found their own voice, instead they are content to write catchy gems similar to their peers in bands like Sing It Loud and Cute Is What We Aim For, complete with the whiny vocals.

With all that said however, We've Created a Monster isn't that bad. There are some catchy hooks here and if you love pop, you'll have the choruses stuck in your head all day whether you want to or not. "I Am a Robot" has crunchy guitars and Motion City Soundtrack inspired moog lines. Plus, you can't forget the infectious chorus, which is just begging to be sung along with. "I Wouldn't Be Caught Dead in Timonium" may have a long title like a lot of songs do nowadays, but it really is a well-done pop song and probably the best the EP has to offer.

If unoriginality doesn't bother you, be sure to give this EP a shot. There really are some good hooks here, let's just hope in the future that the band tries to separate themselves from the pack a little bit more for their next release.

Recommended if You LikeSing It Loud; Forever the Sickest Kids; Hellogoodbye

myspace.com/t13c

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
04:24 PM on 12/31/08
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
just heard of these guys today, not too bad. I would definitely suggest a name change though (T13C?).
03:41 PM on 07/30/09
JoeLot13c
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just remembered my login after a year. woot. ps. yea, that name sucks. lol. been wanting to change that forever. there is a reason for the weird acronym though. oh well.
11:40 PM on 10/06/11
marinarobert
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey...this is a wonderful website buddy and an informative post!!! i am new here and i found this site very interesting and informative ,, you are a professional blogger i think i have a great interest in such things...thank you for the post buddy and keep on posting nice stuff like this :) i am a student.
70-516 answers 70-536 exams 70-573 tests 70-640 practice exam 70-642 questions 70-643 practice test 70-646 answers 70-647 exams

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos