AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Classic Case - 11.26.04

Classic Case - 11.26.04

Interviewed by
Classic Case - 11.26.04First off, introduce yourself and tell us what you do in the band.

Jared Draughon and I sing and play guitar.

I see a few of you were in a few bands previous to Classic Case, how did you guys all go about becoming a band?

Well Mitch and I went to high school together and played in a band called blankface from North Carolina for a while. After we broke up he moved to NYC and played in some other bands and ended up meeting our bassist Eric through that band. We started Classic Case in january 2002 in brooklyn. I moved up from NC to start the band and get it going. Our drummer Durijah played in Glassjaw and the stryder for a bit. Eventually hooked up with him and really then started to figure out where our sound would go.

Is it true that you have 18 tracks recorded so far?

Well, I guess we were a little ambitious at first and then actually set out to do 16. After some time we decided to put off three of them until we get back from the tour so we are currently doing 13. We are really psyched on how its all coming out. 12 trachs are completely done now. We just need to get them mixed. We spent 3 months on it so its very detailed and sounds great. This record is unlike anything that is out there. I think people are really going to dig it when it comes out.

How many to do you plan on putting on the cd?

We'll probably put 11 to 13 on the CD. We'll see after its all finished. Our future label may have in put in it as well.

Are you guys looking at any label offers right now?

We have been "talking" and "listening" to labels for some time now but we have decided it would be best to just go and record our first full length with out a label. So we just focused on making the best record we can make. We took our time and we didn't want to mess with the business side of it just yet. Now that its all done we started to meet up with labels again and accept contract proposals. We are just looking to partner with a label that is very passionate about what we are doing. Signing is like getting married and its a big commitment on both ends. So we are making sure that the partnership will be rewarding on both the band and the label's side.

How did you guys go about getting on the Scatter The Ashes/Salem tour?

We'd been talking for a while about doing some dates with Salem. Hooking up with Scatter The Ashes was through the efforts of our manager Brian Sirgutz and our bud Bambino that manages them as well as Codeseven. By the way, the new Codeseven rules.

What are some music influences for everyone in the band?

For me I would have to say Nirvana and all the grunge music from the early 90's as well as Quicksand, Jawbox, Sunny Day Real Estate, and the list goes on and on. Mitch grew up on old Metallica and Pantera, but now he digs alicia keys and stuff. Eric is into coldplay and alot of other stuff we be diggin on. Durijah is just crazy. He likes alot of jazz and then Dillenger Escape Plan. I think Faith No More is his favorite band though. Josh is all about UA2. He actually met them 2 days ago on the streets on NYC. I have never seen him so excited in his life.

Who did you vote for this years election?

I regret to say that i procrastinated to register and didn't end up voting. Kerry got the rest of CC votes though.

Are there any title ideas for the cd?

We have a bunch of ideas flying around, but we haven't settled on anything yet though.

Are there any big plans for Classic Case after this tour?

To get the record all mixed and beautiful. Josh Abraham will be assisting with that. He is a really great guy and very talented. We think he is going to do a great job. Then christmas with the family. After that I think we hope to choose a label and get a release date and tour like crazy. We have our tour coming together with us and His Is Legend in febuary.

What has been your favorite album that came out this year?

Tough question. I can't answer for everyone exactly but I will just list the most played cd's of this year for Classic Case. The Bled, Kenna, Codeseven, Dillenger Escape Plan, Moments in Grace. We rock out alot of stuff in the van though.

Any last words or anything you would like to say?

Thanks to our fans who have stood with us and supported us. We are looking forward to getting our debut record out in 2005. Come hang out with us on the read. We will be posting new songs online after they are all mixed so sign up for the newsletter at www.classiccase.net. Happy Holidays!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests