AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Chris Georggin - 12.28.04

Interviewed by
Chris Georggin - 12.28.041. So first off what have you been up to lately? I know you used to monitor Blink and New Found Glory' s yahoo groups but you haven't been online in awhile, so what's been keeping you busy?

THE END OF THE YEAR IS ALWAYS CRAZY AND SLOW AT THE SAME TIME, EVERYONE IS SHUTTING DOWN FOR THE HOLIDAYS BUT SCRAMBLING TO GET STUFF DONE CAUSE EVERYONE IS CLOSED. THE LAST FEW MONTHS WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THE BLINK EUROPEAN TOUR, THE NFG GREEN DAY US TOUR AS WELL AS GETTING READY FOR THEIR EUROPEAN TOUR AND ALSO GETTING READY FOR NFG'S SPRING TOUR...TRYING TO CONFIRM ALL THE SHOWS AND GET THE ONSALES SET.. ALTHOUGH IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE IT I DO GO ONLINE, I NEVER GO ON IM ANYMORE, THERE'S JUST SO MANY KIDS THAT IM ME, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY ANYTHING MORE THAN HI CAUSE I LOSE TRACK OF ALL THE MESSAGES. (HALF THE TIME MY LAPTOP FREEZES) I TRY TO GO ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS BUT SOMETIMES SOME OF THE TOPICS ARE SO IRRELEVANT I JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING OR ITS JUST FRUSTRATING WHEN I POST CONFIRMED DATES TO A TOUR AND THEN SOME KID TRIES TO ARGUE THAT THEY AREN'T CORRECT......A LOT OF KIDS EMAIL ME AT MY YAHOO EMAIL AND IF ITS WORTH RESPONDING I WILL (IE SOMETHING NOT WORTH RESPONDING TO IS SOMEONE ASKING FOR BACKSTAGE PASSES OR ASKING ME TO PROVE TO THEM THAT I KNOW BLINK). I've BEEN POSTING A LOT MORE ON THE BLINK SITE WITH NEWS TOPICS SO I'm GETTING BACK INTO IT.

2. What Bands are you most into right now?

IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE MOOD I'm IN BUT LATELY THE CD'S THAT SEEM TO NEVER LEAVE MY CD PLAYER ARE:

JIMMY EAT WORLD FUTURES (I LOVE SONG 3 ESPECIALLY 4 AS WELL AS A SONG THAT WAS ON AN ADVANCED COPY CALLED JENNIFER BUT NEVER MADE THE FINAL COPY),
KEANE- HOPES AND FEARS
THE EP FROM CARTEL,
THE STREETS-A GRAND DON'T COME EASY, SAY ANYTHING,
THE JEALOUS SOUNDS,
DAMIEN RICE
GREEN DAY AMERICAN IDIOT
THE JOEY CAPE TONY SLY ACOUSTIC CD OF LAGWAGON & NUFAN SONGS
I've BEEN IN A REALLY MELLOW MOOD AS I'm SURE YOU CAN TELL BY THE CD'S I LISTED..

3. What does Blink's schedule for 2005 look like? Any big US Tours or will they be recording?

UNFORTUNATELY NO US TOURS SCHEDULED FOR 05 BUT WE WILL BE DOING A FEW SHOWS INTERNATIONAL IN SOME MARKETS “THAT WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TO YET”..

4. How About NFG?

NFG IS SUPPORTING GREEN DAY ON THEIR EUROPEAN TOUR AS WELL AS DOING A FEW OF THEIR OWN UK HEADLINE SHOWS WHILE THEY ARE OVER THERE. ONCE THEY GET BACK THEY WILL START THEIR US TOUR WITH REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT AND EISLEY (DATES ARE BEING POSTED AND UPDATED ON THE BANDS WEBSITE DAILY) AFTER THAT, THEY MAY GO BACK TO EUROPE OR JAPAN BEFORE THEY TAKE SOME TIME OFF, BUT RIGHT NOW NOTHING IS CONFIRMED PASS THEIR US TOUR.

5. Are either bands going to be coming out with a new DVD anytime in the near future?

NFG JUST RELEASED THEIR LIVE DVD FROM LONDON IN NOV SO THAT'S OUT RIGHT NOW...BLINK ARE IN THE EARLY STAGES OF GATHERING AND FILMING FOOTAGE FOR UC PART 3 WHICH IS SLATED TO BE DONE TOWARDS THE END OF 05...

6. What is it like on tour with Blink since now they take their kids out on tour with them? Is it any different then it was before they had kids?

ITS BETTER FOR THEM, BEING ON TOUR YOUR ALWAYS FINDING SOMETHING TO DO, FIND A MALL, RECORD STORE, ETC SO HAVING THEIR FAMILIES THERE, THE GUYS ARE STOKED. TO BE HONEST ITS NOT ALL THAT DIFFERENT, HAVING EVERYONE OUT GIVES IT A MORE HOMEY VIBE...NOTHINGS DIFFERENT TO BE HONEST. JUST A LOT MORE ROAD CASES FILLED WITH TOYS..

7. Do you think Blink will be the kind of band to keep making records and touring for many years to come or do you think there will come a time when they just decide they want to move on from being a band?

ITS HARD TO SAY, I HOPE THAT THEY ARE A BAND THAT RECORDS AND TOURS FOR MANY YEARS TO COME, JUST CAUSE THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BAND...I THINK THEY WILL BE AROUND AND MAKING MUSIC FOR A WHILE, THEY ALL HAVE THEIR OWN LITTLE THINGS SUCH AS CLOTHING COMPANIES, SIDE PROJECTS, FAMILY, ETC... THINGS WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PUT FORTH THEIR TIME. TOWARDS BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, I THINK THEY WILL ALWAYS HAVE BLINK TO COME BACK TO.

9. How exactly do you split your time between working with Blink and NFG?

SOMETIMES BLINK'S CYCLES AND NFG'S CYCLE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MEANING RECORDING AND TOURING AT SEPARATE TIMES BUT SOMETIMES THEY DO OVERLAP. ITS HARD TO SAY HOW I SEPARATE MY TIME BETWEEN THE 2 BANDS SINCE IT SEEMS THAT I'm CONSTANTLY DOING THINGS SIMULTANEOUSLY BUT LUCKILY SINCE BOTH OF THE BANDS ARE ON THE SAME RECORD LABEL AND WE DEAL WITH THE SAME PEOPLE FOR EACH BAND, ITS VERY CONVENIENT CAUSE YOUR ABLE TO GET SEVERAL THINGS DONE WITH 1 CALL.

10. How did you guys get involved with working with NFG, Did the guys in blink have anything to do with it?

I HAD JUST STARTED WORKING WITH RICK AROUND THE TIME THAT NFG RELEASED THEIR SELF TITLED CD. I WAS NEW JUST LEARNING EVERYTHING, BLINK WAS BLOWING UP, WON A VMA... SO THE LAST THING ON RICKS MIND WAS PICKING UP ANOTHER BAND. THE LABEL SENT ME A COPY OF THE CD AND I LIKED IT..TO BE HONEST I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THEM. AFTER THAT, THE HEAD OF MARKETING WOULD CALL AND BE LIKE, “THEY ARE HUGE BLINK FANS AND FANS OF RICK, WHENEVER WE ASK ABOUT MANAGEMENT THEY ALWAYS BROUGHT OF RICKS NAME”...SO I'd ALWAYS BRING IT UP TO RICK AND HE'D LOOK AT ME LIKE I'm CRAZY, AT THAT TIME WE WERE MANAGING FENIX TX SO WE GOT NFG ON THEIR TOUR, IT WAS FTX, NFG, GOOD CHARLOTTE AND LEFTY. FINALLY AT THE SAN DIEGO SHOW DURING NFG'S SET, RICK CAME UP TO ME AND WAS LIKE “SO YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO THIS” AND I WAS LIKE YEAH AND HE'S ALL” OK BUT I HOPE YOUR READY FOR THIS..THINGS ARE GONNA GET BUSY..”.WE HAD PIZZA, DECIDED TO MANAGE THEM, NEXT THING THEY NEW, THEY WERE OPENING FOR BLINK FOR NEW YEARS AND THEN SUPPORTING THEM ON THEIR US TOUR... AND EVENTUALLY MOVING TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA..THAT'S HOW NFG HAPPENED, I WISH I COULD SAY WE FOUND THEM BUT THE LABEL BROUGHT THEM TO US..

11. Do you think you guys will take on any new bands in the near future or do Blink and NFG keep you pretty busy?

AS OF RIGHT NOW WE AREN'T LOOKING FOR ANY OTHER BANDS, BLINK AND NFG KEEP US REALLY BUSY. WE ALSO MANAGE TIMMY CURRAN PRO SURFER WHICH IS SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT. AS OF RIGHT NOW WE ARENT PICKING UP BANDS BUT YOU NEVER KNOW...

12. What is Blanko Meow and Hell Yeah RIP all about?

BLANCO MEOW I THINK WILL ALWAYS BE A MYSTERY..TO BE HONEST I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN IDEA.YOU NEED TO ASK JORDAN OR STEVE. THE THING WITH HELL YEAH RIP. THAT'S MORE OF AN INSIDE JOKE I GUESS, LIKE A SECRET LANGUAGE..IT ACTUALLY ORIGINATED FROM THE NFG GUYS BUT I OVER ABUSED IT AND SAID IT ALL THE TIME TO THE POINT WHERE PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS MY SAYING..NOW EVERYONE CALLS ME RIP CAUSE OF IT..JORDAN AND I COME UP WITH RANDOM SHIT ALL THE TIME, ITS LIKE A SECRET LANGUAGE, ITS HOW WE COMMUNICATE.

13. For everyone who doesn’t know can you tell us how exactly you got where you are now?

WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL I WORKED AT EDWARDS MOVIE THEATRE..THIS WAS RIGHT BEFORE DUDE RANCH CAME OUT. WELL I MET MARK CAUSE HE WOULD COME IN ALL THE TIME...

14. Since you started to work with Blink and NFG kids all over seem to know who you are, Is that strange for you? Do you ever get recognized at shows?

YEAH ITS KIND OF WEIRD...ITS ALWAYS WEIRD TO BE NOTICED AND HAVE PEOPLE KNOW STUFF ABOUT YOU WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM. BEING AT SHOWS ITS A GIVEN TO GET NOTICED, ITS JUST WEIRD WHEN ITS IN YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE. ITS FLATTERING TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE'S SUCH A BIG FAN OF ONE OF THE BANDS TO KNOW WHO I AM...ITS FUNNY I WAS AT THE MALL XMAS SHOPPING AND I WALKED INTO SEES CANDY AND THIS GIRL COMES UP TO ME AND GOES, HAS ANYONE EVERY TOLD YOU THAT YOU LOOK LIKE CHRIS GEORGGIN AND I WAS LIKE YEAH, THAT'S MY NAME...SHE KIND OF FREAKED OUT AND FELT REALLY EMBARRASSED, I LEFT AND WAS LIKE, I'm ASSUMING SHE'S AN NFG OR BLINK FAN...

15. Is there any solid advice you have to give to young managers who are just starting out or for somebody who is looking to get into band management?

EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO. GET INVOLVED ANYWAY YOU CAN. KIDS OFTEN TIME EMAIL ME AND SAY, I WANNA DO WHAT YOU DO, WHAT SHOULD I MAJOR IN, ITS HARD TO SAY CAUSE THE EXPERIENCE I HAVE GAINED FROM WORKING- BEING IN THE OFFICE, ON TOUR ETC IS MORE VALUABLE TO ME THAT WHAT I've LEARNED IN SCHOOL. THE BEST ADVICE IS TO JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT, IF YOUR NOT HAVING FUN THEN THEIRS NO POINT IN DOING IT. GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR ANYWAY YOU CAN AND JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT AND TAKE EVERY EXPERIENCE AND LEARN FROM IT...THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING YOU CAN LEARN, REMEMBER THAT...I've BEEN WITH RICK FOR 5 YEARS AND STILL LEARN STUFF EVERYDAY...

16. Anything Else you want to say to the fans of both bands?

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT JMB RECORDS FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT COMING IN 05

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
08:57 AM on 12/28/04
Sureshot182
Just growing up to die.
User Info.
awesome interview. that is so crazy how he got into everything, i am envious. he seems like a really good dude.
09:35 AM on 12/28/04
fminus23
I Never Leave
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
blink has helped soo many bands like nfg, Fenix Tx should have been huge. Urethra CHronicles 3 should be an awsesome time
10:47 AM on 12/28/04
allelish
Snowmobile / Francis
User Info.
At nights i pray that fenix tx will re-group
11:18 AM on 12/28/04
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
Originally Posted by allelish
haha, me too.

cool interview, but the dude needs to take off caps lock.
11:44 AM on 12/28/04
yc_mest
Forum Whore
User Info.
im sad blink isnt doing a 05 u.s tour
11:57 AM on 12/28/04
LoyalSubject
Stranded on an Island
User Info.
I wonder if he'll let me have his job...Probably not....
12:38 PM on 12/28/04
ryanwheezy
London's Best Rock FM96
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
solid interview Amy..................Chris seems like a chill and funny dude
03:10 PM on 12/28/04
Kif
this is me irl
User Info.
UC Part 3! I am so psyched for that!
05:21 PM on 12/28/04
em0_stars
Count Me Out
User Info.
Originally Posted by allelish

they played a reunion show couple months back.

i bought Lechuza in some store for 5.99, deal of the year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos