AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: June - 12.11.05

June - 12.11.05

Interviewed by
June - 12.11.05First off, introduce yourselves and tell us what you do in June?
I’m Mark Sutor, I play drums.
AJ brown, I play the bass and sing
Tim Brennan, I play guitar and sing.
Mark Palacz, I play guitar.

So, I read on your site that June started out to be kind of a joke band, what goes through your heads when you look back and see how far you guys have come?
It’s really crazy thinking about it; we’re just starting to tour non-stop with full intentions of continuing to do so for a long time. For a couple of us it feels like it’s still a break during school, but it’ll hit pretty hard once we’re playing shows for a couple months straight and then go into the studio to start recording. I don’t think any of us believed we would be at this point musically, but we are taking this opportunity and putting as much work as we possibly can into it.

June is one of the new additions to the Victory Records family, how did you guys go about signing with them?
We released a 5 song EP, sent it out everywhere, booked tours by ourselves, and just played wherever we possibly could. Victory was definitely a huge priority just because they were a label that seemed to be doing everything right, and they’re from our hometown (Chicago). We met with a bunch of the staff, got to know them, they got to see us and know us, and things just progressed from there. We’re all incredibly happy to be on Victory and we’re working hard to get them a rockin CD.

Is it true that the last few bands signed to Victory are all from the same town?
Yes just about. The Audition is from the same area as us, and The Junior Varsity is technically from central Illinois, but those guys are always around here, so they’re considered to be from Chicago as well. It’s very cool that we all signed together, we’re all friends and are helping each other out as much as we can.

Do you guys plan on using some of the tracks on “The June EP” on the victory release this summer?
We wanted to write enough songs so we didn’t have to use any off the EP, just because we were in a “we can write better” mode of thought, but all of the songs off the EP will definitely be considered for the full length. It’ll probably be all figured out right before we head into the studio, or even into the first couple days (during pre-production).

How far are you guys into the new album?
We are at about 10 songs complete, with a couple more ideas at hand. We’re all really excited about what we’ve been writing, and we feel like the record is going to have a lot of good variety on it and not just chug along and get boring or repetitive. We’ve never written for a full length before so we didn’t know what to expect, but it’s really coming along well.

What are some albums that you guys just can’t live with out?
Sutor –A Foo Fighters album, a Jimmy Eat World album, The Postal Service – Give Up
AJ – Fairweather – If They Move Kill Them, A Saves the day album
Mark – Further Seems Forever-The Moon Is Down, Destination Failure-The Smoking Popes, a Get Up Kids album
Tim – Rush, Radiohead, Glassjaw

A lot of great albums came out this year, are there any in particular that you guys fell in love with?
Jimmy Eat World, Bjork, Northstar, My Chemical Romance, Head Automatica

You guys have a big year ahead of you with the release of your Victory debut, any big tours or plans you want to let us in on?
No really big tours booked as of yet….but the plan is to tour constantly, so we’ll be in your area playing for you sometime very soon. Besides that, I don’t think there could be any other plans except finishing up this record and getting it out to everyone.

What band has been the best to tour with so far?
The Junior Varsity. Those dudes rule and look out for a full fledge tour sometime in the future. We’re ecstatic that they got signed basically right when we did.

I would like to thank you for doing this interview, are there any last things you would like to say to the readers/fans at absolutepunk.net?
Rock and roll. Keep up the support for everyone and hopefully we’ll be playing for you somewhere. We aren’t going to stop working or playing, and we just want everyone to see that through our music, live show, etc. Talk to us whenever you can, all of our contacts are on our website, we’d love to hear from you.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
12:34 PM on 01/12/05
siren siren
shout for shout sake
User Info.
hot hot hot. this is going to own. :wink3:
01:13 PM on 01/12/05
Sureshot182
Just growing up to die.
User Info.
so great. june is such an awesome band. really nice guys too. i can't wait for the full length or to see them live again.
01:50 PM on 01/12/05
poppa Q
LBTBG
User Info.
Originally Posted by Sureshot182
so great. june is such an awesome band. really nice guys too. i can't wait for the full length or to see them live again.

same
09:41 PM on 07/09/05
FobTslAfs
FobTslAfs
User Info.
I just saw them in concert the are awesome i love them all when i met them they were sooooo nice

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos