AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Life Event Albums -- Your Thoughts

Posted by - 09:48 AM on 10/09/08
Everyone has moments in their lives that they will remember or not; it doesn't matter how significant the time is, whether it is something monumental like your first kiss or something insignificant like waiting for the school bus on a cold day, the memory will stick with you. Often, there is music attached to these points in life that will remain with the memory.

For example, I used to always leave my television on MTV when I would go to sleep because they'd play videos at night. They played videos in the morning as well and when I woke up at 6:00 a.m. for school, Coldplay's "Yellow" was almost always on when that song had just been released. The video was perfect for the moment, as it started off in the dark and gradually became lighter as night became morning. It fit my situation perfectly and, even though it's something seemingly insignificant, I'll always remember it.

It could be a certain album's reflection on a relationship that has soured, maybe a song that reflects a relationship that you're currently loving? What are some life moments that have music attached to it for you?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 378
09:49 AM on 10/09/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Discussion topic submitted by duffmanrxbandit
10:00 AM on 10/09/08
spriltsc
User Info.
Back in high school, I fell asleep to Straylight Run's Self Titled album. To this day, that album reminds me of everything I've done in high school
10:00 AM on 10/09/08
michaelk08
User Info.
on letting go - circa survive

came out about a month or so right after a tough break up.
gathered a ton of lyrics from that cd alone, to kind of go along with the way i was exactly feeling.

'move on inch at a time,
and you'll be just fine.'

had that in my AIM info for that entire summer.
10:01 AM on 10/09/08
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
Two things.
Everlong By the Foo Fighters, but the acoustic version. I was so in love with a girl, and she kinda messed me about a bit, and i never really knew what was going on, but i was just so willing to wait for her to make up her mind about what she wanted, and it is just a song wich gets to me every time i listen to it.
Bayside - Masterpiece. I was on a bus for 36 hours going on holiday to France, i found Bayside the night before, and i loved them, burned all there stuff to CD and just listened to it for hours and that was a real stand out track for me, and it reminds me of good times, despite the song not being so positive!
10:01 AM on 10/09/08
punk89
User Info.
Back when I lived in Argentina I had to take this van to school everyday, and it took about an hour. I loved the ride because it gave me the opportunity to listen to my music and just watch the world through the van window. I listened to Tell All Your Friends almost exclusively, and hearing that album always brings me back to that van.
10:02 AM on 10/09/08
meeotch
...all we fight for
User Info.
Might be cliche and I'm sure many people will mention this album.

Copeland's Beneath the Medicine Tree will always mark a certain time in my life. My Grandmother had passed away a few months before it was released and this album was extremely therapeutic for me.
10:02 AM on 10/09/08
cubz84
Serial Kisser
User Info.
Millencolin's "Pennybridge Pioneers" was in my cd player as I drove home from school the evening of September 11, 2001. Every time I hear that record, I think about that day and remember that drive home like it happened yesterday.
10:03 AM on 10/09/08
XoPunkxRockerox
And She Said...
User Info.
In middle school, I was going through a rough time with my friends. The only thing that kept me going was MCR's album, "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge"
10:04 AM on 10/09/08
ikikwe
I'm looking for the upsides
User Info.
When I had a huge falling out with a girl I really liked, I constantly spun The Arrogant Son's of Bitches' Three Cheers For Disappointment. The whole thing made me really bitter towards her, so ASOB emphasized the mood.
10:05 AM on 10/09/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Better Than Ezra's Deluxe reminds me of when I went to Canada with my French Honor Society in high school and I sat at the back of the bus in Montreal going some place and I fell asleep listening to it.

Shades Apart's "Chasing Daydreams" was my song with my first girlfriend. I can't listen to it without still feeling weird.
10:06 AM on 10/09/08
ianpritchard
psnoak.bandcamp.com
User Info.
This summer, I had just started going out with this girl and just started getting into Dashboard Confessional. I remember texting her the chorus of Hands Down one day because I felt it really described the way I felt towards her. Later, she broke up with me for her internet boyfriend, and now most Dashboard songs remind me of her.

Also, the song Getting Into You by Relient K reminds me of my crush in 7th grade, who got me into Relient K.
10:07 AM on 10/09/08
DI Pistola
tune in Tokyo
User Info.
Lying on an old girlfriend's living room floor the first time I heard 23 from Jimmy Eat World spell out everything that was wrong with the relationship. Still gives me goosebumps. Everything from Futures takes me back to getting through school, and trying to figure out what I supposed to be doing with myself.
10:07 AM on 10/09/08
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional will always remind me of the girl I dated my senior year of high school and of what was probably the best year of my life, for many reasons, up until this point.

This Side by Nickel Creek played a big part in helping me get over my grandfather's passing away (I know, not typical AP.net music, but still).

Take This To Your Grave... I know, this will probably be a common one for people here, but at this point Fall Out Boy was practicing in the garage of a kid in my graduating class of high school and I was at the point where I was looking for something better than what "home" was giving me.
10:08 AM on 10/09/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This summer, I had just started going out with this girl and just started getting into Dashboard Confessional. I remember texting her the chorus of Hands Down one day because I felt it really described the way I felt towards her. Later, she broke up with me for her internet boyfriend, and now most Dashboard songs remind me of her.

Also, the song Getting Into You by Relient K reminds me of my crush in 7th grade, who got me into Relient K.
Sucks when you feel like you've lost a band or song to an ex, right?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos