AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Metal News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Amon Amarth Get Norse in Metal File

Posted by - 11:27 AM on 10/25/08
In this week's Metal File, Chris Harris discusses Amon Amarth's affection with vikings, The Sword's upcoming tour, and more.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
11:32 AM on 10/25/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Love the new metal icon :)
11:44 AM on 10/25/08
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These guys are opening for Mastodon, Trivium and Slayer here next month but I can't stand all of these viking metal-bands...I hated listening to all the Norse stuff in school, why would I ever want that in my music too!?
12:45 PM on 10/25/08
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Yeah, the metal icon is hilarious. Awesome.
01:50 PM on 10/25/08
foisol
EST 1986
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually like this band. Not into the whole viking thing, but I guess it's metal theatrics. "Across The Rainbow Bridge" is one of my favorite melodic death metal songs though.
04:31 PM on 10/25/08
FaceLixeMurder
Amplitude!
User Info.
they are ok, but there are other bands that do this better, aka Kalmah and Finntroll
06:47 PM on 10/25/08
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These guys are opening for Mastodon, Trivium and Slayer here next month but I can't stand all of these viking metal-bands...I hated listening to all the Norse stuff in school, why would I ever want that in my music too!?

I don't know, I think they're kind of funny. There's this one band called Unleashed that has a song entitled, "The Longships Are Coming." I can't help but laugh whenever I pass it on my iPod.

Not that I really listen to "viking metal" though. Trivium, however, I enjoy from time to time. Good guitar work.
02:01 AM on 10/26/08
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't know, I think they're kind of funny. There's this one band called Unleashed that has a song entitled, "The Longships Are Coming." I can't help but laugh whenever I pass it on my iPod.

Not that I really listen to "viking metal" though. Trivium, however, I enjoy from time to time. Good guitar work.

That's how most people explain their Amon Amarth love...funny.
I mean come on, viking metal by a band from Stockholm with their name taken from a mountain from Lord of The Rings? 'Course it's funny.

Mastodon kick Trivium's ass though. Can't believe people call Trivium "the new Metallica"...
06:11 PM on 10/26/08
lenard27
Let's Go Pens! And Yanks!
User Info.
Amon Amarth is a pretty good band. Their Viking schtick gets kinda tiring after a while, but their pretty good musically.
11:59 AM on 10/27/08
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's how most people explain their Amon Amarth love...funny.
I mean come on, viking metal by a band from Stockholm with their name taken from a mountain from Lord of The Rings? 'Course it's funny.

Mastodon kick Trivium's ass though. Can't believe people call Trivium "the new Metallica"...

You know, Mastodon is one of those bands I've always meant to give a listen and just never got around to...which is weird considering that I listen to a fair amount of metal. If you're saying that they're better than Trivium though, I'll definitely have to make that a priority.

Yeah, that comparison of Trivium to Metallica is putting that band on way too high of a pedestal.
02:37 PM on 10/27/08
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You know, Mastodon is one of those bands I've always meant to give a listen and just never got around to...which is weird considering that I listen to a fair amount of metal. If you're saying that they're better than Trivium though, I'll definitely have to make that a priority.

Yeah, that comparison of Trivium to Metallica is putting that band on way too high of a pedestal.

Oh, I am without a single doubt calling Mastodon better than Trivium. I don't think they are that comparable really, but if anyone is "the new Metallica" it's Mastodon. I don't even like Trivium, at all, and the singer sounds british when he talks live...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos