Username
Password

08:27 PM on 10/27/08 
User Info.
lolliot
whiskey works better than beer
Tromsų, Norway
Male - 29 Years Old
Sorry to disappoint all of you musical prodigies who are looking for a new band to join, but this here little classified is more targeted towards those of us who weren't born with the gift of great musical abilities but would like to have a say either way. Or wait, if you can write, compose and play it doesn't really exclude you, so just read on if the headline appeals to you!

As the headline states I am looking for someone who would be interested in writing for a music blog I am starting called Silent Sound Waves. I will try to answer some of the questions I think those who might be interested will probably want to ask.

What's Silent Sound Waves?

It is a music blog, meaning a place for me and whoever else might write for it can express our opinions on the music we like and don't like. As opposed to for instance AP which covers an extremely wide spectrum, the idea behind SSW isn't to post as much news and updates on as many artists and bands as possible. Rather the goal is to "filter out the noise" according to our own musical taste, and write about the music experiences that excite us, and do it thoroughly.

Sounds good, how much does it pay?

The salary is not great, in fact it pays about as much as writing for your school paper would, assuming your school paper does not pay you at all. It's all about sharing your own thoughts on music, and if that alone doesn't appeal to you then you're probably not suited for this in any case.

My aim with the blog is mainly to nurture my love for music, but I still wish to draw a decently sized audience, because let's face it, writing is often more rewarding if you know people are reading. That is in turn also why I want to find one or two persons to help me out, because it takes a fair share of time to compose the articles, but we still need a decent flow of articles to draw a solid audience. Plus it's always more inspiring to be working on something together with someone as opposed to do it alone.

No pay sucks, but stricly hypothetically what do I get to write about if I were still interested?

Basically you can write about any and everything related to music that excites you, or sad, happy or mad. Concerts, album reviews, news related to a band you like, or anything similar. However since we want to establish a certain audience I think it would be favourable if we had at least certain common traits in our musical tastes. If you for instance would prefer writing about death metal, it wouldn't mesh all that well with what I am writing about.

For a brief idea of what type of music I listen to, you can check out my VIRB profile. Although it hasn't been updated in a while it should give you a decent impression. Please mind that one of the ideas behind the blog would be to give our readers a chance to find new music, so we would obviously thread on the outskirts of the mainstream of the musical genres we cover as well as trying to at least review the "biggest" releases.

Alright.. but how are we going to get people to read what we write? And also, I don't know squat about running a website/blog, is that a problem?

I actually have some experience in the field. In fact I used to do it for a living, and thus I have a fairly decent idea of what it takes. I will stay on top of all the technical aspects of running the beast as well as promoting it, meaning you would only have to focus on writing. The software we'll be using is called WordPress, and it is extremely easy to learn. If you can post a reply here at AP.net forums, I can teach you how to post an article at Silent Sound Waves in less than five minutes.

Cool, cool, where do we start?

If you're actually still interested you can send me an e-mail at lars-christian at silentsoundwaves dot com. Just tell me a little about yourself and why you're motivated to "work" for something that doesn't even pay. If you have any questions you can ask me those as well, and I'll get back to you almost immediately!

You can obviously just ask me here as well if you're curious about anything, will be around to reply ;)
08:44 PM on 10/27/08 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Sounds interesting, I'd be interested in hearing more. I think I can write, but I'm more at this stage curious to hear more.
09:34 PM on 10/27/08 
User Info.
lolliot
Tromsų, Norway
Male - 29 Years Old
Anything in specific you'd like to know? I think I said most of it in the first post already, but I'll try to go into more details.

Right now, in the starting phase of everything, I am hoping to find one or two people who would join me on this project. Ideally we'd be able to publish a new post/article every day, as I in my experience daily posting is the easiest way to draw an audience of any significance.

I am also envisioning that two or three of those posts every week would be reviews, and the other categories for the posts would be focus on new and less known bands and artists we've discovered, as well as one "tribute" column where we put the spotlight on artists whom we believe have had significant influence on the music scene as a whole, or just us personally. I am uncertain on whether or not the latter would be a weekly thing, or rather reserved for special occasions (think Elliott Smith on Oct. 21st which marked five years since his passing, or May 21st 2011 when Bob Dylan turns 70, just to give a couple of examples).

These things are completely up for discussion among myself and those who join in however, as I would really love it to be more of a team effort than just my own baby with a couple of writers tagging along. Ideally I would just have the main responsibility for the technical aspects of it, while everything else is something that we (me and the one or two other writers, obviously) work out together.

On account of the time being 6AM and me being more than ready for bed that's all I've got right now. If you want specifics, just ask :)
09:45 PM on 10/27/08 
User Info.
Illuminate
It's a shame we need everything
New York, New York
Male
Sounds interesting. I personally think of myself as a good writer and would love to be apart of this.
09:33 AM on 10/28/08 
User Info.
-Pinkerton-
South Slocan, BC
Male
Id be interested for sure, ive been told i write well
09:48 AM on 10/28/08 
User Info.
thespearkid
Take Care.
Charlotte, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
I will definitely be emailing you.
01:41 PM on 10/28/08 
User Info.
lolliot
Tromsų, Norway
Male - 29 Years Old
To those who are interested and haven't sent me an e-mail, please do.

To those who have already sent me an e-mail, I'll be going through them all and responding tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience!
04:12 PM on 11/27/08 
User Info.
lolliot
Tromsų, Norway
Male - 29 Years Old
I am bumping this because one of the picked writers who originally agreed to join the team fell through on the commitment. This of course means that we have one open spot still.

A little new information from when I posted this thread: The site is currently being visited by between 50 - 100 people per day, and as soon as my exams are over in a week or so, I have plans to actually start promoting, and subsequently it would be great to have another writer onboard by then so that we would be able to post a new article close to every day.

Process is still the same: If you are interested, send me an email at lars-christian[at]silentsoundwaves.com.
09:11 PM on 11/27/08 
User Info.
Kid B
Registered Member
St Louis
Male - 20 Years Old
lol
11:54 PM on 11/27/08 
User Info.
lolliot
Tromsų, Norway
Male - 29 Years Old

wow
04:50 PM on 04/22/12 
User Info.
mrnubnub
Philly
Male
I seriously wrote an email and wondered why I got a delivery failure message. Then I check the dates and notice the spambot here necroed this thread from 4 years ago. Fuck you spambot, fuck you.
07:37 AM on 04/24/12 
User Info.
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
I seriously wrote an email and wondered why I got a delivery failure message. Then I check the dates and notice the spambot here necroed this thread from 4 years ago. Fuck you spambot, fuck you.

You wouldn't want to put the universe in a tube.
09:14 PM on 04/24/12 
User Info.
mrnubnub
Philly
Male
You wouldn't want to put the universe in a tube.

L = 2W
06:43 PM on 05/17/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
As a 15 year old I may have something to offer. Interested.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos