AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Superbuick - Superbuick Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7
Musicianship 7.25
Lyrics 7.25
Production 7.5
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 7.25
Final Verdict: 72%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Superbuick - Superbuick

Reviewed by: Susan Frances (11/12/08)
Superbuick - Superbuick
Record Label: Motherbox Records
Release Date: November 24, 2008

Wall to wall catatonic blasts, volcanic shudders, and shrilly cacophonies line Superbuick's self-titled album simulating a band of marauders on a mission. Produced by Superbuick, the album has rounds of rabble-rousing guitar shreds by Bruce Ewell and James Futty clamoring voraciously over levees of screamo vocals from lead singer James Williams. A barrage of sledgehammer pellets from drummer Steve Ewell and bassist Jon Yankowy intensify the disorder and dissonance as bulging swells and erratic chords erupt into a continuous stream of mayhem. Anger and venomous flames spew from the vocals with no restrictions, and the guitar cleats shear with the sharpness of a chainsaw.

A union of punk throttles and thrash metal pistons make "Kill Me" one track that stands above the frazzled cuts, ear-piercing drills, and frayed lines of the rest of the album. The words "I don't know what to do girl / I just can't let it all be gone / It's all about where we've been / And I don't know what to do little girl / But I really love you baby" from "I Confess" move through a field of guitar shreds sparring wildly. The reverberating avalanche of thunderous sounds emitting from the instruments act as a catalyst prodding each other's rage and ramming anger into greater depths. The razor-like slices are formidable and merciless making the punk-induced striations and friction burns of "Skater to the Grave" char to a blazing inferno.

Superbuick take several bites of skateboard stylized punk and thrash metal making their self-titled release one that should have a skull and crossbones warning on its cover. Their music has the chaotic rage of The Red Chord and violent anguish of Dillinger Escape. These songs show life to be a cesspool of agony and nothing about it offers an opportunity to change its direction.

Recommended if you like:The Red Chord, Dillinger Escape, Life of Agony

www.myspace.com/superbuickkills

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests