AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Trash Talk - Trash Talk Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.5
Musicianship 7
Lyrics 7
Production 7
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 73%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Trash Talk - Trash Talk

Reviewed by: xsinkshipsx (11/12/08)
Trash Talk - Trash Talk
Record Label: Trash Talk Collective
Release Date: July 22, 2008

What you are about to hear may shock and disturb you. This is not for the faint of heart. This is not for the weak. This is Trash Talk and their debut album put out on their own imprint, Trash Talk Collective. This is pure. This is nothing, but a chaotic mess that after listening one will wonder if they have any energy left to continue on with their lives. As I said, this is something that was not built but for the most extreme of people. The ones who want the world to burn and to see anarchy run rampant. But if you are this kind of person, welcome to your new favorite band.

Trash Talk’s debut album, though their 6th musical endeavor, is by far the most chaotic release of the year. This is brought on by a full onslaught of thrash in the vein of bands like The Locust and Cryptic Slaughter, having brute, discordant riffs and spastic dual vocals. All these things combined equal me not having ear drums left, and I am a better person for it.

The album begins and ends very slowly, which for a band like Trash Talk, this is certainly a departure. Opening with a haunting bass line, “The Hand That Feeds” quickly transitions into the swarming guitars and just a hint of the pure disarray that is to come for the rest of the album. The album continues on in a fury of impassioned, dark trash that never gets old because you only listen to it for about a minute at a time (the entire album clocks in at just over 14 minutes).

The tracks that are under a minute are the songs that Trash Talk really shine the most. “Birth Plague Die” and “Shame” are the stand out tracks of this category, implementing pure havoc on the listener. The music along with the lyrics are both unrelenting and unforgiving. In “Well of Souls”, they instruct one to “burn me, suck me, stab me, fuck me”. These and other lyrics throughout the record really show that this band has no regrets or remorse and would rather just see turmoil. Which in the case of this album, the more turmoil, the better.

The burst onto the scene in 2005 and have not stopped since. While this is only their first full length, you can easily tell that Trash Talk means business and has no time for excuses. You want raw? You want disorder? You want one of the most punishing records of this year? Enter Trash Talk.

Recommended if You LikeDischarge; Converge; The Locust

myspace.com/trashtalkfu

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
09:50 PM on 11/21/08
tipoftheiceberg
son of the silent age
User Info.
yes!
first
such a good band

great review
would have given it at least an 80
04:55 PM on 11/23/08
Colorblind!
lord top button
User Info.
This album is immense, and I would've scored it much higher but nice review anyhow.

Just so you know though, this is not their first full length. They put out Walking Disease and it was in my opinion better then this album.
10:53 AM on 11/29/08
Hodge 3.14
User Info.
definitely check out their EP Plagues as well. The best live show that I've seen.
10:30 AM on 11/30/08
martyshannon
User Info.
Check out "Walking Disease" and "Plagues" if you like this album, this is definitely the best album put out this year by any band.

Also the lyric is "shoot me, suck me, stab me, fuck me".

And you don't know this band til you see them live.
03:31 PM on 03/21/09
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
This album is immense, and I would've scored it much higher but nice review anyhow.

Just so you know though, this is not their first full length. They put out Walking Disease and it was in my opinion better then this album.
it is the first for their imprint label....that is what I meant
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News