AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
This Condition - We Don't Have to Be Alone Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 8.25
Production 9.25
Creativity 8
Lasting Value 8.25
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 83%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 8.25
Production 9.25
Creativity 8.25
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Average: 86%
Inside AP.net

This Condition - We Don't Have to Be Alone

Reviewed by: Susan Frances (11/20/08)
This Condition - We Don’t Have To Be Alone
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: November 18, 2008

This Condition have returned with their latest EP, We Don’t Have To Be Alone, the follow up to their 2007 disc, Find It In You. Produced by Anthony Santanocito, We Don’t Have To Be Alone has a prom night feel relatable to Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and a pop punk palette reflective of Houston Calls. Engineering a mix of acoustically jeweled rock, softcore punk, and lively rustles planked by glam-rock riffs, This Condition has a tamed wildness that wraps their punk rock flakes in melodic trimmings and frame their acoustic vessels in power rock boosters, invigorating quakes, and heart-shaped arcs. This Condition’s new disc offers alot to like about this band’s music and keeps power rock-fringed tunage a contender in the world market.

The band’s rapport is attractive racking up punk-inspired rivets and limbs of frilly guitar licks from Mike McGovern and Anthony Giambalvo along “The Timing” and “Some Nights Just Feel Right” lotioned by leader singer Nate Cyphert’s sinewy vocal hooks. Cyphert shows a champion attitude asserting that life cannot beat you down unless you let it in the song “Barefoot” when he insists, “Nothing is going to change unless we let it happen.” The song has a sing-along vibe reminiscent of The Kooks. This Condition hits their stride when they coalesce acoustic schemes with power rock flecks through “Red Letter,” and when their glam-rock voltage through “I’m No Hero” is thimbled by slow throbbing rhythms from drummer Steve Keyes and bassist Nick Cantatore.

This Condition’s new disc can be classified alongside The Kooks showing a penchant to relate to real life, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus in its reels of engaging power rock riffs. The band skates through these tracks as if the songs are flowing in their blood. The songs and the band are such a perfect fit for each other that no gimmicks are required.

Recommended if you like: Maine (because PSHH said so), The Kooks, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Houston Calls

www.myspace.com/thiscondition

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
07:22 PM on 11/20/08
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
love love love love this ep
06:08 PM on 11/24/08
pshh
stop trying so hard
User Info.
You got the recommendation bands wrong, I would say more of This Providence (Our World's Divorce time), The Maine (better than them at least), maybe even early Starting Line.

But the Kooks and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus? Come on.
06:34 PM on 11/24/08
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
You got the recommendation bands wrong, I would say more of This Providence (Our World's Divorce time), The Maine (better than them at least), maybe even early Starting Line.

I do agree here.
07:23 AM on 12/04/08
TheClockworks
User Info.

yeah, this album sounds nothing like RJA, i saw the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park NJ, the guy signed my guitar and i told him they suck, so he spit on my guitar, i went to fight him and got thrown out by some very angry security guards.

However, they played with madina lake, who was pretty good
07:58 AM on 01/23/09
lissalynn
We are the music makers
User Info.
Keep an eye on these guys. They're doing a fantastic job at getting their name out there in the tri-state music scene, and I'm hoping for big things from them this year.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums