Album Review

Use As Directed - Use As Directed EP Album Cover

Use As Directed - Use As Directed EP

Reviewed by
Use As Directed - Use As Directed EP
Record Label: None
Release Date: September 29, 2007
Who?

Use As Directed is very young band out of Aurora, Ontario, Canada. Despite being young, they are thriving with potential. They enjoy dropping the lyrics from time to time and just jamming out on their instruments.

How is it?

This EP brings nothing new to the table. Debut pop-punk EPs often have a similar sound, and the Use As Directed EP is no exception. But that's not always a bad thing; if you enjoy pop-punk, then you should have no problem singing along with Use As Directed. People always rag on bands for not being "original" enough, but I think the most important thing is that the band plays music they enjoy playing. In this, I believe, Use As Directed excels. The first song on the EP, "Fire When Ready," had me nodding along the first time, humming the second, and singing along the third time around. It also got me in the mood to hear more. Skipping to track four, "Definitely...Maybe" is that song that seems to always get stuck in my head, probably due to the fact that the chorus is so repetitive: "You're so definitely, maybe/ So definitely, maybe" rinse and repeat. Finally, we have "I'm Coming With You," which as the bonus track on the EP is probably one of the best tracks on this release. It just makes me smile. The chorus always kind of lingers around in my head after listening to it: "You say those words 'I miss you'/ Say I'm coming with you." It has a very catchy sound to it. No doubt, we can definitely expect to see greater things from Use As Directed in the future. Maybe after they begin working with Paul Leavitt (All Time Low, Senses Fail), we will see bigger and better things from them. But until then, I am content with what I have. Granted, they're nothing revolutionary, but they're a great pop-punk, sing-along friend.

Recommended if You Likepop punk/powerpop; The Starting Line; Simple Plan

myspace.com/useasdirected105
This review is a user submitted review from RelientMayday. You can see all of RelientMayday's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
07:21 AM on 12/04/08
TheClockworks
User Info.
this is the worst album cover i've ever seen.

alright album though, not too great

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version