AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:56 PM on 08/17/12 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
I can't stand the mentality of hating the "popular kids." as contrite as it sounds, we're all human beings. just because some people may have bought into current trends and beliefs more than others doesn't make them these awful spawns of satan who are doomed to rot in that hell that is your hometown.
11:06 PM on 08/17/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 22 Years Old
We've discussed this excessively, the reason you're wrong is because i've made a conscious effort to look for schools that I know for a fact have a community i'd fit into...

Also, I can assure you that the kids that go to my school are VERY different than the ones you went to school with. The average kid at my school is a preppy narcissist that walks around with his head held up high because of his daddy's bank account. Apparently he's too cool for anything tangible in life, so he just listens to Odd Future ironically and gets drunk and goes to Wiz Khalifa concerts.

take about 110 of those type of kids that you've known since 6th grade, throw in an administration that uses catholicism as an excuse to be overzealous with discipline, and then add awful uniforms. 6th-12th grade in a new england prep school for me. got a great education, but man did that place cut me down.
06:12 AM on 08/18/12 
User Info.
notauser
Subhuman Nature
Canada
Male - 30 Years Old
I consider myself a fairly educated person but I dropped out of high school in Grade 10. I wanted to travel and play music not sit behind a desk until I ended up at the principles office or skipping class to skate and smoke while blasting out the cassette deck on 20 D batteries. lol. However I learned a lot about real life living on my own and the experiences met before I went back to school when I was 23/24.

The problem was High School was too fun, to the point we had the highest rate of expelled students of any school in Canada if I'm not mistaken. It was a predominantly Skate/Punk school in a city totally absorbed by the 90s Hip Hop scene, it was so unique and I wouldn't of changed any of my decisions. Could you imagine a school where everyone knew each other, got along, met each other at shows, and the isles were full of fat-wreck shirts and other band tee's, a rainbow of coloured hair and a cross-over rave scene that co-existed. It was pure magic. To the people whom attended private schools and never broke a law in their life it probably sounds like something out of Oz, but I assure you it was total freedom. I remember feeling like such a personal sell out sitting in class getting my Comp Sci degree in my late 20s. But whatever, I like to think I lived more in the years of my youth then I could ever do in my 30s, 40s or 50s.

Having dual cit' in the UK I think I might move over-seas as the post-grad working class has NOTHING to do in this city. It's totally assimilate and live in your home with your dog and 2.4 kids with no real world for the adults who have a life still living inside them. It's almost a different thread in itself but in the UK people don't just go to shows and listen to whats considered here as "youth music" until they get married and or a good job. In the UK people are who they are and whether their 40 and working at the Guv, or 20 and working at a coffee shop they still listen to and maintain the same ideals they believed in before assimilation into wage slavery. I wish I had continued with my Sociology degree because I would love to have written a master thesis on this life impacting difference and how it most likely affects us in North American society.
11:37 PM on 08/19/12 
User Info.
Wolveress
Kayleigh.
Ireland
Female - 20 Years Old
My experience with secondary school (high school) was awful. I hated it.
Surprised I lived through it, to be honest.
I finished this Summer, and I couldn't be happier.
The weight off my shoulders to be out of there is indescribable.
11:38 PM on 08/19/12 
User Info.
Wolveress
Kayleigh.
Ireland
Female - 20 Years Old
I can't stand the mentality of hating the "popular kids." as contrite as it sounds, we're all human beings. just because some people may have bought into current trends and beliefs more than others doesn't make them these awful spawns of satan who are doomed to rot in that hell that is your hometown.

Yeah, I agree. I think people spend too much time worrying about everyone else in 'high school'. Even if these people are as shit as some may think, why does it matter? It really doesn't. It's such a waste of time worrying about how shit someone else is. Worry about yourself. Worry about how shit you are, and make yourself better.
01:39 AM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
OH/NYC
Male - 20 Years Old
take about 110 of those type of kids that you've known since 6th grade, throw in an administration that uses catholicism as an excuse to be overzealous with discipline, and then add awful uniforms. 6th-12th grade in a new england prep school for me. got a great education, but man did that place cut me down.

I feel you. In the same exact fucking boat.
07:49 AM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
Buffalo, NY
Female - 20 Years Old

This. A lot of my friends had this view, but I was friends with a few of the "popular kids" from sports and what not. They all have their own struggles and obstacles in their lives because they're just kids too. It always bothered me that no one ever considered that.
11:44 PM on 09/15/12 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 22 Years Old
If you don't already, you're going to miss your primary school years HARD. I love thinking about how much of a spectacle I made of myself back in the day. (^^,)
04:30 PM on 09/18/12 
User Info.
PollyLemonParty
Manchester, England
Female - 19 Years Old
Mine sucked. But live and Letlive.
09:44 AM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
Skumfuk41
Jesus of Suburbia
Shit. I was 'The Outcast' in my school for various reasons, and some memories from there actually still bring tears to my eyes. I actually blame part of it on why I have depression. Got picked on because I was fat back then (lost all the weight now though) and because of things such as the music I listened to, and because I can be quite quiet/shy. Also people tried picking fights with me just because I watched wrestling, and didn't care about all the religion stuff here. When I tried speaking up for myself, people always found ways to make me look like the bad guy. Horrible experience. Only a small few people I speak to from there, although that's only now and then.
02:52 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
lucybabyy
up your butt
Florida
Female - 19 Years Old
Freshman year - little 14 year old me starting over. Moved cities, didn't know anybody. Made a lot of friends within the first few months. Got my first kiss, my first boyfriend. Was happy for the most part.

Sophomore year - my worst year. I had a lot of issues with my self esteem. Made a ton of mistakes, more than is healthy. Lost a ton of friends. Lost myself. Diagnosed with bipolar (still am unsure about the accuracy of that.)

Junior year - depressing. Moved schools, had no friends the entire year. Was very lonely. In an unhealthy, abusive, long distance relationship. "Lonely" is the only perfect word to describe it. All time low.

And here I am in my senior year. Improved a lot mentally and emotionally. With a guy I care a lot about. Getting As, Bs, and Cs. Feeling better and more hopeful for the future. I have a handful of friends that I talk to during the day. Things are alright.
09:18 PM on 09/22/12 
User Info.
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
Alma, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
My first three years were very meh, but senior year was super awesome. I got to be on Homecoming Court, graduated with a 3.6 and the English Departmental Award, etc. Man, a lot of cool stuff happened that year, the more I think about it.
02:52 PM on 09/27/12 
User Info.
tortags
Stuck Like Ghosts Made to Disappear
Malvern, AR
Male
I loved my sophomore year the most; It was the simplist. Plus, I got to be alone, and not have fucking freshman and other people bother me. Senior year, I was prom king (I Didn't Even Show), Homecoming king, and got a bunch of pointless high school awards. I wish I could've been able to go back to my loner state. Anyway I graduated with a 3.87 GPA, with honor roll, and Dean's list (My School was Small, and my class only had 28 people and my class of 2011 only had 28 people in it)

I don't know; I have mixed opinions about going back to high school, and staying in the realism era (In my timeline). College is okay, but nothing like I thought it'd be, ya' know, from media depictions. People in my dorm Play fucking Yugio Cards... at 17 through 24 years old... Ithought it'd be partying, video games, Girls, and drugs, but it turns out that happens more in high school, than in UD in Ohio.
02:44 AM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
Jason_ho2
No Avatar Selected
Male - 31 Years Old
It was wonderful~
09:43 AM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
xtinataguba
No Avatar Selected
Female
high school year? awesome, every year different experiences. and the most important thing is every year you get to know yourself more.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos