Male - 26 Years Old
Catcher in the Rye, 1984
09:04 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
ClapClapSnap
Spectacular, YES!
a small hick town,...
Female - 27 Years Old
Spite Fences, A Separate Peace, Pride and Prejudice, The DaVinci Code, The Historian, MONSTER, To Kill a Mockingbird

the first book i read when i was in like the 5th grade and it floored me completely...i just finished "Angela's Ashes" yesterday and now i'm working on, "A Million Little Pieces" i don't usually like books with a lot of hype, but it's the only book in my house i haven't read yet...
09:20 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
resUrectMe617
True Punk Fan
funny thing, a lot of my fave books were from junior yr of high school: great gatsby, catcher in the rye, brave new world, cat's cradle, of mice and men (fresh year tho). nowadays, i am digging stuff by Plato, and i am finishing up da vinci code, and starting this book called The Working Poor.

i'm a sucker for the classics i guess.
09:22 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
resUrectMe617
True Punk Fan
Originally Posted by LeftWideOpen
Me Talk Pretty One Day by Sedaris
Post Office by Bukowski

Probably would have to say those are my two favorite. The Best American Non-Required Reading series is a good read, too.

oh dude, sedaris is amazing. i had to read it excerpts for my prose class. totally made me wanna pick up the whole thing. nice pick.
09:25 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
resUrectMe617
True Punk Fan
Originally Posted by ClapClapSnap
Spite Fences, A Separate Peace, Pride and Prejudice, The DaVinci Code, The Historian, MONSTER, To Kill a Mockingbird

the first book i read when i was in like the 5th grade and it floored me completely...i just finished "Angela's Ashes" yesterday and now i'm working on, "A Million Little Pieces" i don't usually like books with a lot of hype, but it's the only book in my house i haven't read yet...

ah yes. a separate peace... good stuff, and angela's ashes, yeah solid. i thought the pride and prejudice movie was good, like the plot...i had read the book first, but only via sparknotes and some random chapters here and there because my ap lit teacher was so fucking annoying and anal and it really just made the class and readings very unpleasant.
09:29 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
ClapClapSnap
Spectacular, YES!
a small hick town,...
Female - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by resUrectMe617
funny thing, a lot of my fave books were from junior yr of high school: great gatsby, catcher in the rye, brave new world, cat's cradle, of mice and men (fresh year tho). nowadays, i am digging stuff by Plato, and i am finishing up da vinci code, and starting this book called The Working Poor.

i'm a sucker for the classics i guess.

yeah def...i think it was when i first started reading real books that had depth...that spite fences book was about a white girl growing up in the south during the 50'...just kinda had an impact on me because i was coming out of a catholic school and into a public one...so it just kinda threw me through a hoop when i read it...i guess it just depends on what's going on in your life for how books are going to impact you

god i hope that made some kind of sense hahah

another book i forgot to mention was "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult
it's about two sisters [obviously] and one is dealing with cancer...it touches base with designer babies...it makes you consider what lengths you would go to for your own family...and it makes me cry like a little girl every time i read it...i HIGHLY suggest it
09:31 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
ClapClapSnap
Spectacular, YES!
a small hick town,...
Female - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by resUrectMe617
ah yes. a separate peace... good stuff, and angela's ashes, yeah solid. i thought the pride and prejudice movie was good, like the plot...i had read the book first, but only via sparknotes and some random chapters here and there because my ap lit teacher was so fucking annoying and anal and it really just made the class and readings very unpleasant.

angela's ashes made me appreciate food, my house, clothing, heat...jesus everything

no wonder why irish are known for drinking...if i had lived in that time period i might've jumped into a bottle too...i still can't decide if i liked it or not...every person i mentioned to that i was reading it, made such a big deal "that book is amaazing" and i can't decide if i feel the same way
10:36 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
mcfly21
come on city
Baldwin Wallace...
Male - 25 Years Old
very good book i just read, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown(wrote da vinci code). I suggest it to anyone
11:00 AM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
cuetheflames
calling out to the astronaut
Athens Ohio
Male - 25 Years Old
i read this book called On The Road by Jack Kerouac a little while ago. Some of you have probably heard of it its pretty known. But i thought it was great its just about this guy and his friends and his life on the road and not having a plan just sorta going with everything and drinking and smoking and seeing towns and people and girls and love and loss and a lot of stuff. i just think its really good.

check it out.

On The Road - Jack Kerouac
03:16 PM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
heyRomanticA__x
is Nikola Tesla
A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemmingway.
08:10 PM on 01/14/06 
User Info.
resUrectMe617
True Punk Fan
Originally Posted by heyRomanticA__x
A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemmingway.

i read that last year. i thought it wasn't too bad, maybe its' just not my type of genre i'm not sure. otherwise, hemmingway is quite good.
06:26 PM on 01/15/06 
User Info.
ClapClapSnap
Spectacular, YES!
a small hick town,...
Female - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by cuetheflames
i read this book called On The Road by Jack Kerouac a little while ago. Some of you have probably heard of it its pretty known. But i thought it was great its just about this guy and his friends and his life on the road and not having a plan just sorta going with everything and drinking and smoking and seeing towns and people and girls and love and loss and a lot of stuff. i just think its really good.

check it out.

On The Road - Jack Kerouac

yeahh i'm from Lowell, MA and Jack was born here...basically if you went to any public school here, you know all about him...we have park downtown dedicated to him and it's all these huge pieces of stone with all his poems and parts of his stories carved into them...pretty awesome stuff
06:28 PM on 01/15/06 
User Info.
FeynmanWannabe
Take Ecstasy With Me
Western MA
Male - 29 Years Old
Go read Blindness (Jose Saramaga, 1998 Nobel Prize in Literature) and Cat's Cradle (Kurt Vonnegut, nothing more needs to be said)
12:20 AM on 01/16/06 
User Info.
ThexQuietxCull
One ticket, please
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
um...... catcher in the rye
american psycho, less than zero (bret ellis)
Fahrenheit 451, Something Wicked This Way Comes
Wicked
anything by chuck p.
12:34 PM on 07/02/08 
User Info.
alchemistandi
Julian.
Boston, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
I think the books that have had the biggest impact one me are:
On the Road
The Most Beautiful Woman In Town (Chucky Bucky)
Blood Meridian and The Road (Cormac McCarthy)

and a handful fo Vonnegut books, esp Breakfast of Champions and A Man Without a Country

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets