Password

Album Review
Akimbo - Jersey Shores Album Cover

Akimbo - Jersey Shores

Reviewed by
Akimbo - Jersey Shores
Record Label: Neurot Recordings
Release Date: September 30, 2008
Are you looking for your next favorite Classic Rock/Punk band? That's right, a Classic Rock/Punk band. Akimbo combines the elements of these genres to create a new sound. As l listened to the first track of Jersey Shores, it gave me an idea of what I was going to hear on the rest of the album. The album starts out calm and then is shook up by some interesting vocals that came across to me as something you would hear on a your local classic rock radio station. As the song continues on you'll find that the band plays the same riff for about two minutes. I began to wonder if the song was ever going to end, but it flowed well into the next song, as does the whole album, as it seems as if Jersey Shores is one continuous song. You may become bored listening to the same thing over and over, unless of course, you're into that kind of thing, although there are some points in the album when they do switch it up. Akimbo has very good musicianship and are very talented. Jon Weisnewski (Bass/Vocals) takes the whole theme of the album to the next level with his lyrics with every song being about different elements of the bizarre shark attacks in Garden State 92 years ago. The lyrics "Remember your place in this world. Mercy has no home among the waves" is a perfect example of Weisnewski illustrating these events. The track "Great White Bull" is outstanding on this record, it's everything you would expect from a band like this: loud, hard, and fast. It is evident that Akimbo put lots of work into this album and it shows. Genres aside, Akimbo has put out a solid release with Jersey Shores.

Recommended if You LikeLed Zeppelin; good old classic rock

myspace.com/akimbo
This review is a user submitted review from Handraa. You can see all of Handraa's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
11:40 PM on 01/07/09
llmp
Incorrigality
User Info.
Well, that's certainly a paragraph.
11:35 AM on 01/10/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Well, that's certainly a paragraph.
Indeed.