AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

The Transplants - 06.21.05

Interviewed by
The Transplants - 06.21.05So, where did the whole idea and concept of the transplants come from?

Tim and I were just driving around listening to a cd of some stuff that he had done and he asked if I wanted to be a part of it. So then we fucked around for a little bit and then decided to get a real drummer instead of a drum machine and we knew if we were gonna do that, we needed to get the best. That’s when we asked Travis.

I know this gets asked a lot, but is there any significance behind the band name?

I think it basically just has to do with the fact that we all come from different places and different types of music and that’s how I would explain the meaning behind the name.

Have you guys found it hard writing for The Transplants when working on other projects?

When we got back into the studio, we would work all day and all night and when we could, we would go to tims and just record a couple hours a day just to get what we wanted. We were definently hungry for it and had no problem with writing all the songs.

I know on the previous album you had a guest do a song with the band, is there any one that is playing on this album?

B – real from Cyprus Hill, the Dialated People, and Paul Walker

The style and sound that the transplants have is very different from anything that is out there. What are some influences that go in to the Transplants?

We all write our own shit, so we write whatever we want no matter what. So it really all reflects on the type of mood that we are in, weather it be a good mood or really pissed. We just write our feelings at the time.

What are the plans for this summer? And tours to support the album?

We are doing the whole warped tour and then go to Europe to do more shows and then after that we head to Japan. We definently have a busy year ahead of us.

So, how has Travis’s life changed since the new TV show?

You know, everything you see on that show is who he is. Travis is an amazing person and a very amazing husband/father. I think that everyone gets to see how great of a person he really is instead of just going off of what his image is. He hasn’t changed at all, he is the same great person he was when we met him and I am happy for him.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests