Username
Password

06:04 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
FL, US/Oxford, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
Please remember you said this when you're watching Mandy Moore's arc in season 5.
07:21 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
I just started watching Scrubs last year, but stopped before I finished season. I picked it back up though and I'm at the beginning of season four.

So far I think it's good. I don't think it's as funny as Community or Parks (since the comparison has been made very recently in this thread), but it definitely is still funny and has a good heart. Although there are a lot of episodes that haven't made me actually laugh out loud. I may have smirked or told myself "that's funny," but I haven't had many laugh out loud moments like I have with Community, Parks, and even Cougar Town.

I've heard some of my friends say the show gets bad later around season six or seven. Is that true? And should I just not watch season nine at all?

Haha it's the complete opposite for me. Cougar Town doesn't make me laugh at all, and I really have to force myself to watch it. Scrubs, however, consistently makes me laugh out loud in almost every episode. Just a huge fan of the Turk/JD dynamic
10:27 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
In season four there is a drastic change in how they visually shot the episodes, everything waa suddenly brighter. As well, as letting moments that would normally be reserved for JD's daydreams to happen in the real world. It becomes more and more this way until season 6-7 where the show gets to its worst. After 7, but before 8, Bill Lawrence realized this and made drastic chanes for 8. I think it's worth watching 4-7 to get to 8 and its glorious finale. 5 has some of its best episodes mixed in with bad ones. Season 9, is best viewed as its own show. It actually works best when JD leaves and suffers when he returns.

I definitely agree with this. Although the show eventually has a decline, by that time I've become so attached to the characters I didn't quite mind the over the top antics.

As for season 9, it definitely has it's moments. Plus Cole is introduced and he's pretty "ridic."
10:38 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
FL, US/Oxford, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
9 is ehhhhhhhhh probably shouldn't have happened, but not terrible for me.
10:38 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
9 is not that bad. revisitation has been kinder to it than my initial view was.
10:41 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
9 is ehhhhhhhhh probably shouldn't have happened, but not terrible for me.

I remember being outraged that they made 9. And honestly Scrubs is probably better off without it. But it wasn't the worst thing in the world and carried over some of the heart that I grew attached to. Viewing it as its own series makes it more tolerable but not necessarily good.
10:47 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
FL, US/Oxford, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
I remember being outraged that they made 9. And honestly Scrubs is probably better off without it. But it wasn't the worst thing in the world and carried over some of the heart that I grew attached to. Viewing it as its own series makes it more tolerable but not necessarily good.
it's alright for what it is..... I don't think those episodes could have been any better than they were under the circumstances. And Scrubs is my favorite show.
10:34 PM on 04/24/13 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
9 is not that bad. revisitation has been kinder to it than my initial view was.

This is spot on. All of it.
10:49 PM on 04/24/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
FL, US/Oxford, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
say what you want about 9, but that part where Lucy pulls up her scrubs and is wearing a one-piece bathing suit because she ran out of underwear gets me every single time.
08:04 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
9 was good. I just view it as a spin off, I think if more people had done that and gave it a chance it could have grown into a great show and we would have got to see Scrubs characters every now and then.
08:59 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
Season 9 needs its own thread where people can go gather to bitch about it. It wasn't that bad. I watched it again a few months ago and still enjoyed it.

ABC wanted it to remain Scrubs but I'm pretty sure the guys behind it wanted a new show title to separate the two series. It's obvious it was meant as a spinoff.
09:28 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
Detroit, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
I know season 6 was wildly inconsistent and many view it as the start of the decline, but I still think there are some great episodes in there.
10:05 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
FL, US/Oxford, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
I love 6!
10:10 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
There's no season without some great episodes, 6 and 7 are just pretty inconsistent.
11:24 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
People hated season five and six but they all had worthy moments. There was never a point in the series that made me want to stop watching like quite a few others.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos