AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Televandals - Madison Avenue Reality EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.5
Musicianship 6.75
Lyrics 2.5
Production 7
Creativity 3.75
Lasting Value 2
Reviewer Tilt 1
Final Verdict: 42%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Televandals - Madison Avenue Reality EP

Reviewed by: ActionActionFan (01/13/09)
Televandals - Madison Avenue Reality EP
Record Label: None
Release Date: March 14, 2008

Who?

Televandals is a relatively new band coming out of Boston Massachusetts that plays a mix of indie, electronic, and punk music. It is a four-piece that is apparently too cool to put their real names on their myspace and instead have names like Ride-Out and J Restless listed. Madison Avenue Reality EP is the band's debut EP and the four-piece is currently recording their debut full length.

How is it?

Have you ever listened to an album and at the end just said "no"? The Televandals' debut EP is a combination of bad music and previously-written music. The album starts off with the song "Hate Yourself," which has a nice slow opening with a bit of a Meatloaf sound to it. However, less than two minutes in, the album becomes an absolute joke. The vocalist sings the lyrics, "Do you hate yourself," which are an immediate turn off. Moreover, these lyrics are repeated at least five times throughout the song. When I finally finished the first track, I was hoping that the song was just a misstep. Unfortunately, I was wrong. "Dirty Lovers" is the second track and it sounds like it's straight out of a Michael Jackson CD. Don't get me wrong, I like Michael just as much as everyone else, but this track is simply a poor imitation. On the third track, "Firearm Waltz," the band finally shows some potential. The song is a pretty good dance tune with a catchy chorus that commands the listener to "Shake your body." The final song, "Downpour," sounds like a mix of a bunch of artists such as Michael Jackson and Moros Eros. The song has duel vocalists that switch off throughout the song, but one of the them is awful and overshadows the one that shows potential. In conclusion, all I can say is stay away from this album.

Recommended if You Likebad Michael Jackson; dance music

myspace.com/televandals

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums