Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 542
05:16 PM on 01/26/09
KillyourIdols88
Standing on the Edge of Summer
User Info.
I love this album, does sound the same but fuck it.
05:28 PM on 01/26/09
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
i mean, give it a shot at least. For me though, this record truly showed the limitations of this genre. I have over 30 songs of this band on my itunes and they all sound more or less the same. You know? It's hard to justify spending money on something you pretty much already have.
couldnt agree with you more man. the review, while you may not have liked it, was spot on with what the record is. i like it quite a bit, and i think you did a great job.

plus, this thread is full of fail with all the "FECK YOU i like it d00d. there albums r soo gud.
05:34 PM on 01/26/09
shwaz499
User Info.
am i the only person that thinks welcome to the family is a kick ass song?
05:38 PM on 01/26/09
dougburns2death
User Info.
i got the leaked version of this and i must say i enjoy it.
altough i do agree with parts of this review, the album has some strong points. its not a disappointment.
it has alot "poppier" feel to it and that may turn some off
but you can't deny the fact that when you hear "DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS!" you wanna kick ass
just my opinion.

-doug
05:50 PM on 01/26/09
deadwrong188
SCRANTON STRAIGHT EDGE.
User Info.
honestly i thought this album was way different from their older albums. as they said, they got both lighter and heavier. the only thing i dont like is that my favorite track from the album is the intro song. pretty good album though.
05:51 PM on 01/26/09
benn10
what!?
User Info.
I disagree with your review, as I do with most of your reviews. But hey, it's my fault that I'm reading them, haha.
05:52 PM on 01/26/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i think a change in sound was not necessary and would have probably hurt the band. they are getting to be really well known. their sound is working, and their fans want a continuation of it. i think they are going to blow up this year within the scene.

but i think it is unfair that you failed to mention a slight difference in the general tone of this album compared to FTWHH. whereas FTWHH consisted of songs that all had a heavy over tone, yet catchy parts, homesick has almost two parts to it. it has a bunch of songs that are more pop-punk than the last record, written in major keys but still have breakdowns, and then there are songs that are way heavier than than FTWHH (see mr highway, welcome to the family, and you already know). the songs vary in tuning and overall, each song stands out on its own, more so than the songs of the last record
i did mention the slight slight changes in tone/mood. I said that the prior album was bit "creepier"/"fiercer" in comparison to this album's poppier, sunnier feel.
05:54 PM on 01/26/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
I disagree with your review, as I do with most of your reviews. But hey, it's my fault that I'm reading them, haha.
what would happen if we agreed on a review for once? Should you be embarrassed or should I?
05:54 PM on 01/26/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
fuck this review. I have a copy of this cd and its by far the best mix of pop/punk and hardcore ive ever heard. Homesick is the best release i have heard in a very very long time

bottom line: awesome cd.
Ever?
05:56 PM on 01/26/09
rockilledisco
User Info.
Blake, have you ever been on tour? Ever?
06:04 PM on 01/26/09
iamj
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what would happen if we agreed on a review for once? Should you be embarrassed or should I?
1. It's "here's to another banner year". If this is an attempt at mocking them do your research.

2. Answer me. I would greatly appreciate it.
06:04 PM on 01/26/09
rosswrestler62
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love homesick. It's a great cd. People hate that they sound similar to their older stuff but so does every other band. They are not some damn generic band. What are some bands out there that changed what they usually sound like and did a really good job? just curious. I don't think they need to change
06:07 PM on 01/26/09
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
Well I wear shorts to shows and kids get hit at all the shows I'm at and we fight kids who start shit with us (then again, a lot of it's brought on by other kids and we just stick up for each other but that's a different story)...so I guess it's no surprise to you I like this.

Hah, to each their own. For one kid who likes a bunch of breakdowns, you have a kid who only likes guitar solos and that kid who just likes rap and of course the kid who listens to classical music.

If you don't like it I guess it's your own opinion, but for kids that are into this kind of music, it's exactly what they want and are/were expecting.
06:08 PM on 01/26/09
werealldudes19
I'm best known for failure
User Info.
though i like the record
i've said countless times to my friends that it all sounds the same and they tried too hard to be adtr on the cd
it comes off like they almost ripped themselves off trying to be too pop and too hXc
06:10 PM on 01/26/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
I love homesick. It's a great cd. People hate that they sound similar to their older stuff but so does every other band. They are not some damn generic band. What are some bands out there that changed what they usually sound like and did a really good job? just curious. I don't think they need to change
Brand New, Saves the Day, Thrice, Radiohead, The Format, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Bright Eyes, Gatsbys American Dream ... and plenty of others.

It'd be swell if people could write responses that actually explained why they liked the CD -- compared to just talking shit about the review/reviewer. Everyone has different opinions, there's nothing wrong with that ... I don't think anyone should expect different.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos