Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 542
11:39 PM on 01/25/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
sorry, caught a few typos in there. Should be all fixed and good now.

-BLAKE(ditor)
11:53 PM on 01/25/09
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
I liked this :( to each their own. They do need change but I think they are good at what they do best
I agree. I take them for what they are, and I really enjoyed this record.
11:59 PM on 01/25/09
LongDistanceDrunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love how when bayside doesn't change their sound they get praise, but a band like this gets shit on.

I enjoyed the album for what it was, but I don't see the album getting much play on my Ipod as soon as the new NFG and Fireworks come out.
Bayside is a talented band that will last and ADTR is generic scenecore that has no lasting value. While it is true Bayside has a similar sound for all four albums they are still great albums. Bayside has actual fans but ADTR mainly has casual listeners waiting for the next trendy sound
12:09 AM on 01/26/09
HometownHero
User Info.
I agree. I take them for what they are, and I really enjoyed this record.
Whats your favorite track off of the new record?
12:24 AM on 01/26/09
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
Whats your favorite track off of the new record?
Probably "Welcome to the Family" or "Wax Larry", but I find myself getting into songs I originally thought were just fillers like "Have Faith In Me"

Bayside is a talented band that will last and ADTR is generic scenecore that has no lasting value. While it is true Bayside has a similar sound for all four albums they are still great albums. Bayside has actual fans but ADTR mainly has casual listeners waiting for the next trendy sound

I get your point that Bayside keeping the same sound isn't as bad as a band like this repeating the same breakdowns album-to-album, but using that as a reason to state that they have "no actual fans" makes absolutely no sense. ADTR has plenty of fans that don't really care about musical theory, album progression or production. I'm not saying those things aren't important, I'm just pointing out that they have a completely different fan base than most of the bands that score high reviews. I happen to know people, myself included, who are fans of both Bayside and A Day To Remember. Fuck, they've toured together.
12:27 AM on 01/26/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Probably "Welcome to the Family" or "Wax Larry", but I find myself getting into songs I originally thought were just fillers like "Have Faith In Me"

I get your point that Bayside keeping the same sound isn't as bad as a band like this repeating the same breakdowns album-to-album, but using that as a reason to state that they have "no actual fans" makes absolutely no sense. ADTR has plenty of fans that don't really care about musical theory, album progression or production. I'm not saying those things aren't important, I'm just pointing out that they have a completely different fan base than most of the bands that score high reviews. I happen to know people, myself included, who are fans of both Bayside and A Day To Remember. Fuck, they've toured together.
I like My Life For Hire and NJ Leighon Ice Tea or whatever its called. Welcome To The Family is solid to
12:56 AM on 01/26/09
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
Friend: "dude, have you ever heard A Day To Remember? That girl I was telling you about is really into them and we were listening to them; they're pretty hardcore!"
Me: "Really? Ya, I've listened to their last album, I don't consider them too hardcore though, its really just pop-punk with breakdowns and low growls, was it their new album?"
Friend: "Ya, it was, and I didn't hear any poppiness, it was heavy stuff"
Me: "Huh! Guess they got heavier, I'll have to check it out"

Conclusion: my friend's a big pussy because Homesick sounds identical to their last albums, still a formulaic blend of poppy choruses, breakdowns and gang vocals (I love all three individually, even combined, but as another one of my friends said upon overhearing ADTR for the first time "I think that opening riff's been used before, like 14 times")
02:59 AM on 01/26/09
GiantInTheRing
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"However, I finally realized the (probably intentional) trickery that comes packaged with ADTR records. Each one begins with a blistering fist pumper that’s more pop than “mosh.” The listener is instantly “amped” up (or whatever), and then it’s almost like the remaining 35 minutes don’t even matter. Your sated pleasure sensors easily discharge the forthcoming filler. But let’s say you skip that first song - or in this case, the first and second song - do you still have a great record? Quite confidently, I will say without this carefully planned dose of adrenaline you have a terrible f**king record."

Sorry Blake, can't take your review seriously!
03:31 AM on 01/26/09
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
I LOL'ed.
04:00 AM on 01/26/09
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
Finally finished reading the review.... I'm still laughing
06:57 AM on 01/26/09
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
this band is one of those bands that ive liked a few songs from as a guilty pleasure because they had some catchiness to them, but as a whole they are a gimmick band that is not doing anything new at all.
08:22 AM on 01/26/09
showstopper
User Info.
it sounds the same from the start to the end,so boring
09:18 AM on 01/26/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
and their name was treason imo was and only good record they ever made
For Those Who Have Heart was great in it's own way. I have been a big fan of them through all the records. I'll still have to buy this because deep down I know it's going to be good. I think Blake did miss out on the lyrical content of A Day To Remember, which is something I'm very fond of.
09:18 AM on 01/26/09
Tyler Vagyler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This review seems biased. I mean, I know they aren't the most original band out now, but this album deserves much more than 48%. I do agree that they need to change it up a little, but 48%? Come on now....This website gives bands much much worse than ADTR higher ratings than 48%....

If you enjoyed their previous stuff, this album is for you. If you aren't already an ADTR fan, you probably won't enjoy this.
09:39 AM on 01/26/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
This album is terrible, I agree.

.. and the vocals sound unbelievably produced for someone who admits he can't sing live.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos