Username
Password

12:36 AM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Does it feel like a Trial?
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
This is long but for my mixes that I will post here to make any sense, please read.

Since the age of 13, I have been making mix CDs. I recently decided to start sharing them with you, the APnet community. Because I have made over 50 in the last 8 years (very few of which share songs), I decided to roll them out to you slowly.

There are two sets of what I like to call canonical mixes. One has the artist 'Quiksilver' (came up with it when i was 13, I don't remember why I chose it) and the other has the artist 'The Stranger' (after the book). I changed artist names in college because my musical tastes had changed so much I figured I would change the artist too. I still make Quiksilver records but that name is reserved for 'harder' music now. I have the artists in this way because it keeps the mixes together in iTunes and other various programs. It is important that they remain in order (I work hardest on making the songs flow right) or they won't sound as good.

There are a handful on non-canonical mixes I have made for various occasions (eg my Valentines day mix or my Summer acoustic mix made for the General mix exchange) that I will also post.

Keep in mind these span years of learning about music, learning about what I like, and learning how to make them sound as good as possible together (including minor wave editing and so on). Constructive criticism is welcomed for the more recent ones but I'd rather you not bash a record I made when I was 16 and heartbroken or something.

Otherwise, the 'Album art' pictures will contain links to the mixes. I will also list some of the real artists so you can avoid getting ones full of bands you hate.

Enjoy.
12:41 AM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Quiksilver - Symphony of Sound - Mix of older Copeland, older Soco, Jacks Mannequin, Motion City Soundtrack and some other stuff. Made Freshman year of college (Jan - Feb 2006)

My Acoustic Record - Several songs by: Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Dashboard, Nick Drake. The rest are single acoustic songs by various artists. Made July - Sept 08

12:51 AM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
The Stranger - You Are The Music While The Music Lasts. Mostly Stars and Broken Social Scene. Made July - November 08

And its sequel Distortion. Made December 08 - Tonight. Pompeii, Stars, Annuals, And single songs from Anberlin, Copeland, Bloc Party, and others

01:22 AM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
firecrackaaa!
we're taking on the world together.
Orange County, CA
Female - 24 Years Old
I love this.
01:36 AM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Thank you dear
05:54 AM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
_Andrew
Is Cool.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
awesome, i'm gonna grab some thanks.
11:59 AM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
awesome, i'm gonna grab some thanks.

Have at it dude. Again constructive criticism is always welcome
12:04 PM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
amysaurus
gonna stay eighteen forever.
Female - 24 Years Old
Have at it dude. Again constructive criticism is always welcome

Clayton! You are the perfect person to ask for this. Can you make a mix of classical music? I want something to listen to while I study that doesn't have lyrics so I don't get distracted haha
12:27 PM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Clayton! You are the perfect person to ask for this. Can you make a mix of classical music? I want something to listen to while I study that doesn't have lyrics so I don't get distracted haha

I can toss together a post rock mix. I dont have much Classical music
12:32 PM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
amysaurus
gonna stay eighteen forever.
Female - 24 Years Old
I can toss together a post rock mix. I dont have much Classical music

Hmm well I actually just stole a bunch of classical music from my roommate's computer so I think I'm good.
01:24 PM on 01/27/09 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
I saw you post the first one before and I meant to grab it. I'll be getting them later for sure.
02:34 PM on 01/28/09 
User Info.
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
I listened to the Acoustic Mix all last night, and it was so good I decided to make a copy for my mom.
02:43 PM on 01/28/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I listened to the Acoustic Mix all last night, and it was so good I decided to make a copy for my mom.

Haha that's awesome! Tell her I hope she enjoys it very much. Feel free to give it anyone you think will like it
03:05 PM on 01/28/09 
User Info.
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
Haha that's awesome! Tell her I hope she enjoys it very much. Feel free to give it anyone you think will like it
She will enjoy it. She has a surprisingly good taste in music. Manchester Orchestra, Kings of Leon, Muse, and Ray LaMontagne are her favorites. She also enjoys Iron & Wine. That's why I gave it to her. I was surprised at how well the whole thing meshed. Some songs seamlessly led into others, and it was less like just a bunch of songs and more a group of artists waiting for their turn to play in the same room. That's how I felt, anyway.
01:51 AM on 01/29/09 
User Info.
BJW7191
Retired From AP, Not Bant
No Avatar Selected
distortion sounds good...anything with pompeii is aok with me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles