Username
Password

02:11 PM on 03/24/09 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
I will be grabbing this at home in a few hours. I think you should edit in the tracklisting for these, though, because I like seeing what I have to look forward to.
03:25 PM on 03/24/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Does it feel like a Trial?
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I will be grabbing this at home in a few hours. I think you should edit in the tracklisting for these, though, because I like seeing what I have to look forward to.

but i like surprising people
03:52 PM on 03/24/09 
User Info.
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
but i like surprising people
That's a very legit reason not to include a tracklist.
01:49 AM on 04/02/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
QuikSilver - Great Expectations. Gaslight Anthem, The Living End, and seemingly random songs from FOB, Deftones, STD, Alk Trio, Bloc Party, NFG and more

I find the title quite ironic. I keep having this ideas, these visions of grandeur about what my story mixes should be. They never live up to these ideals (maybe with the exception of the Wasteland) and it makes me so self conscious about my own work. It shouldn't be this way when Im making it for myself and now Im adding more pressure by giving it to all of you. But I do this to myself and though I know none of you are going to actually read this or try to understand the story that I made this music tell, I hope at least one person learns something or even likes it. The story I attempted to tell is as follows:

Imagine yourself a young high school or college student. And for a class you are forced to do community service. You are almost done but there is an annoying, measly hour and a half you have to burn through. You hear from a friend the easiest way is to hang out with an old dude at the nearby nursing home. You like this lazy idea and go for it. The day you come by, a normally silent old gentleman asks to talk to the next volunteer, this is, of course, you. He begins to tell you the story of his life How I Met Your Mother style. However, this man has mixed dementia (a type of Alzheimer's) so this story jumps around. Much like Billy in Slaughterhouse 5 or Desmond in Lost, this man's brain is unstuck in time. It isn't difficult to discern the more youthful stories over the more aged ones. He tells stories of love, loss, pain and rejection. As he goes on, he being to become slower to speak, more labored and as he finishes he shuffles back to his room. You walk away seeing a not so uncommon future for yourself and you make a promise to yourself to not be like him, not to throw away his loved ones and rot in a home. You go back to his room to thank him to find he has passed. You sigh and return to your life but with new perspective and a new lust to enjoy life while you have it.

The record is his story. The more poppy songs are from his youth whereas the sadder, slow ones are from his more recent past. Some songs make sense with its predecessor and successor while some don't. Some songs he may or may not be referring to you when he says you. Some songs are meant to be set in the present to highlight his senility (WAMS, I Still Remember) and some are to be directly into the story with no interruption. I like this story even though none of you have actually read it and therefore won't get it. Whatever, I don't care anymore.

12:29 PM on 04/03/09 
User Info.
kissmegoodbye
We are just misguided ghosts.
Franklin, TN
Female - 25 Years Old
QuikSilver - Great Expectations. Gaslight Anthem, The Living End, and seemingly random songs from FOB, Deftones, STD, Alk Trio, Bloc Party, NFG and more

I find the title quite ironic. I keep having this ideas, these visions of grandeur about what my story mixes should be. They never live up to these ideals (maybe with the exception of the Wasteland) and it makes me so self conscious about my own work. It shouldn't be this way when Im making it for myself and now Im adding more pressure by giving it to all of you. But I do this to myself and though I know none of you are going to actually read this or try to understand the story that I made this music tell, I hope at least one person learns something or even likes it. The story I attempted to tell is as follows:

Imagine yourself a young high school or college student. And for a class you are forced to do community service. You are almost done but there is an annoying, measly hour and a half you have to burn through. You hear from a friend the easiest way is to hang out with an old dude at the nearby nursing home. You like this lazy idea and go for it. The day you come by, a normally silent old gentleman asks to talk to the next volunteer, this is, of course, you. He begins to tell you the story of his life How I Met Your Mother style. However, this man has mixed dementia (a type of Alzheimer's) so this story jumps around. Much like Billy in Slaughterhouse 5 or Desmond in Lost, this man's brain is unstuck in time. It isn't difficult to discern the more youthful stories over the more aged ones. He tells stories of love, loss, pain and rejection. As he goes on, he being to become slower to speak, more labored and as he finishes he shuffles back to his room. You walk away seeing a not so uncommon future for yourself and you make a promise to yourself to not be like him, not to throw away his loved ones and rot in a home. You go back to his room to thank him to find he has passed. You sigh and return to your life but with new perspective and a new lust to enjoy life while you have it.

The record is his story. The more poppy songs are from his youth whereas the sadder, slow ones are from his more recent past. Some songs make sense with its predecessor and successor while some don't. Some songs he may or may not be referring to you when he says you. Some songs are meant to be set in the present to highlight his senility (WAMS, I Still Remember) and some are to be directly into the story with no interruption. I like this story even though none of you have actually read it and therefore won't get it. Whatever, I don't care anymore.

i want to tell you that i love this, even though i haven't listened to it. i love the idea of making mixes that tell stories, though i have yet to make one that makes sense. i just think this is really cool, and i wanted to let you know.
05:17 AM on 04/04/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
i want to tell you that i love this, even though i haven't listened to it. i love the idea of making mixes that tell stories, though i have yet to make one that makes sense. i just think this is really cool, and i wanted to let you know.

Thank you. You have no idea how much that means.

I have a couple more, Ill drop them soon :)
05:11 PM on 04/06/09 
User Info.
caress me down
Music Is My Aeroplane
District of Columbia
Female - 22 Years Old
Not to be ignorant techie, but how do I get these into itunes after downloading them?
03:50 AM on 04/08/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Not to be ignorant techie, but how do I get these into itunes after downloading them?

Put the files where you want them to be on your machine and click and drag into an open itunes window under the music tab :D
01:48 PM on 04/08/09 
User Info.
caress me down
Music Is My Aeroplane
District of Columbia
Female - 22 Years Old
Put the files where you want them to be on your machine and click and drag into an open itunes window under the music tab :D
Hmm it's giving me a circle with a line through it?
10:51 PM on 04/08/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Hmm it's giving me a circle with a line through it?

Try selecting the music tab under library and click and drag the files into the open music window
02:04 AM on 04/09/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Quiksilver - Something More. Made early high school so like 2002 or 2003. Old school Thursday, Glassjaw, Brandston, Finch, Ash, and more. This is the first one I made with a slew of less than known bands. I love the album art too.

09:14 PM on 04/29/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I suck at updating this. Now that finals are over I will start working on new stuff and continue posting old stuff. Thanks for your continued support everyone!
02:01 PM on 05/01/09 
User Info.
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
I have to say, Brighter Days is probably my favorite mix you've made. Second favorite ever.
07:58 PM on 05/01/09 
User Info.
UntilItKillsYou
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I have to say, Brighter Days is probably my favorite mix you've made. Second favorite ever.

I really appreciate it. The next Stranger mix will be more chill and less acoustic. I like how its coming along
07:17 PM on 05/23/09 
User Info.
timbedinosaur
Stay lucky
Fayetteville, GA
Male
grabbed

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music