Album Review
Trees Above Mandalay - Palace EP Album Cover

Trees Above Mandalay - Palace EP

Reviewed by
Trees Above Mandalay - Palace EP
Record Label: None
Release Date: December 30, 2008
Who?

The debut EP from this dedicated sextet from New Jersey is all over the musical spectrum, giving fans of many different genres the chance to enjoy a group of talented guys.

How is it?

With an open mind and a respect for all the hungry musicians out there, Palace is absolutely worth your attention. Palace is a great debut from the band because of its ambition and its variety. Trees Above Mandalay refuse to bog themselves down into a specific formula, which will help them make a name for themselves in our clouded scene. Because Trees Above Mandalay are just getting started, they have challenged themselves to open their minds to create an EP fans and the band itself can enjoy. Sure, the vocals and lyrics aren't memorable, but these things come with time.

Trees Above Mandalay have done an excellent job in the creation of Palace. The keyboard lines hit hard and leave the listener wanting more, and the variety is something refreshing to see from an up-and-coming band. Though Trees Above Mandalay are just getting started, Palace is an EP that is both an enjoyable listen and a good introduction for (hopefully) what's to come from the band.

Recommended If You LikeNew Found Glory; The Sleeping; starving musicians with ambition

myspace.com/treesabovemandalay
purevolume.com/treesabovemandalay
This review is a user submitted review from donwagenblast. You can see all of donwagenblast's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
10:06 AM on 03/13/09
Samc1803
NO WORMS ON THE BED.
User Info.
The vocalist almost reminds me of a less-polished Jonny Craig. Almost.
07:47 PM on 06/03/09
lifeintherye
User Info.
these guys are great, they're shows are definately awesome. while the ep is great, i think production could have been better.....so if you think you like what you hear on their sites but start to turn away cause you like things of great production............definately make it out to a show if you can! and you will get the whole deal of what these dudes are about.
10:58 AM on 06/04/09
lifeintherye
User Info.
Oops I take my above statement back I just realized that the production is quite well, I just blew my home speakers :( still go see them live if you can though!
01:35 AM on 06/21/09
ilovetocuddle
User Info.
great album, amazing live show, and a bunch of the nicest guys you'll meet. go buy this
03:08 PM on 06/22/09
Blaise&Panthia.
Too much too much too much too much
User Info.
The vocalist almost reminds me of a less-polished Jonny Craig. Almost.
This made me check this band out. So glad I did.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos