Album Review

Callahan - Face the Day EP Album Cover

Callahan - Face the Day EP

Reviewed by
Callahan - Face the Day
Record Label: None
Release Date: August 18, 2008
Who?

Callahan is a foursome from Springfield, OH, that has already had some level of success. I mean, come on, they have over 70,000 friends on Myspace. That's saying something, right?

How is it?

There's a reason they have over 70,000 friends on Myspace: because people tend to like them; and I see why. The smooth, melodic, pop-punk sound they unleash unto the world with Face the Day is indeed like honey to my ears. "This One's For The History Books," the kick off to the EP, is a bouncy track that sounds out the sensation to get on your feet and dance. It's probably the second best song on this release, and it sets the mood for the rest of the Face the Day EP. The band lets you know they are here to have fun, make you have fun, and hopefully work up a sweat because you've been jumping around like a crazy person. That's what I did when I first heard them; I was home alone, so no one saw me.

All in all, I would say this is an awfully good release to help Callahan get the word out . If there's anything I can say about this release, it certainly helps me to "face the day" when I wake up every morning.

Track Listing01. This One's For the History Books
02. The Bittersweet July
03. Dressed to Impress
04. Face the Day
05. When Morning Comes
06. Love Stories Never Have Endings

Sounds LikeFarewell; The Maine; Mae

myspace.com/callahanlovesyou
This review is a user submitted review from RelientMayday. You can see all of RelientMayday's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
02:43 PM on 03/17/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Listened to them awhile back when they were featured on Purevolume. Yhey are justGeneric as fuck boring muisc.
Literally wrote my review for this thirty minutes ago. It's generic, but not bad by any means as far as pop-rock goes.
05:42 PM on 03/17/09
RelientMayday
User Info.
Imo generic usually equals shitty. Its exactly why its I'm very picky with the new wave of pop punk/pop rock bands as well as scenecore bands. Rarely to I enjoy newer bands anymore in our scene. I prefer to gravitate towards indie,meta or old music because now most newer bands in our scene are just shitter versions of existing bands.

Well that's a nice opinion. You might wanna learn how to spell Emo, and while you're at it find out what it is. And "Scene Core?" Really? That's all I really have to say about that

And Klatzke, sorry man. I didn't know you were writing one :\ Red Lotus Management asked me to do this one. I didn't know you were too.
07:51 PM on 03/17/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Well that's a nice opinion. You might wanna learn how to spell Emo, and while you're at it find out what it is. And "Scene Core?" Really? That's all I really have to say about that

And Klatzke, sorry man. I didn't know you were writing one :\ Red Lotus Management asked me to do this one. I didn't know you were too.
No biggie, I got mine through here so it's not like they won't mind two.
11:16 AM on 03/18/09
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I LOVE generic music - it's like my forte, but these guys really don't have anything YET. I'm sure after they ink a deal and get a shit load of cash to load their songs up with various shit that it'll sound semi-rewarding, but right now it's just flat.

Oddly enough however, I'd really love it if the "Callahan Loves You" shirts were still available though because my last name is Callahan ha
04:11 PM on 03/18/09
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
"This One's For the History Books" is one of my favorite songs at the moment. I have a good feeling about this band.

Im very glad to see this reviewed here. I was actually going to do it myself, but two is just enough for me haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos