AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Final Round - 01.07.09

Interviewed by
Final Round - 01.07.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer. Below you will find answers from bands that replied.

Final Round [myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?
We got our name because we wanted to use a slight video game reference...and the mini bosses was taken (and rightfully so, they rock)
The most important aspect when we were deciding a name was we didn't want "the" in it. In the end that name won because we're better at writing songs than naming bands I guess? but we kinda like it.

2. How did this band get started?
We started in about 2003, Basicly we fused 2 different bands together after various members left for whatever reason, we were all friends in high school, liked each others bands so when we started jamming together it just felt awesome, we knew it would work!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
So many, I guess the most important bands would be MxPx, Nofx, Weezer, Unwritten Law, Jimmy Eat World, and some Blink 182. We're really big on harmonies, and minus mxpx every other band had great harmonies. Oh and Manowar...

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Blink because their shows we're really fun to watch, and Weezer because they play so well together and we love thier sets, also sense MxPX really got me into music i'd absolutley love to play with them. and maybe manowar so we can hold our hammers high.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Um, I like Raccoons so I'll go with that. That bandit mask is awesome and they have sweet leather hands. Plus they sound like land dolphins!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because they like up-tempo rocking music. We're not trying to create a new sound, which seems to be all the rage these days. We love our sound. It's a unique version of pop/punk/rock... but you can hear where we came from. I guess if you're a fan of harmonies we're really good at that too.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would
you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on
expert?

Said Enough. The bridge/solo there would be pretty tough. Not the hardest, but it would be the fun kind of hard. Yeah!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Usher, ManoWar, Friends, Fans, Fans, Familys, and most importantly, Bill Brasky.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less shitty bar rock, Less label made bands, and more attention/play of lesser known bands on the radio. Everyone knows the radio sucks, except for some college stations...and oldies stations...and 80's rock stations. But todays alternative stations blow donkey balls and everytime they play creed, or sether, or one of those bands a cute little baby angel sprays vomit and crys.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing the Warped Tour in Detroit a couple years back. it was 100+ we didn't sleep for 2 days and 100 people showed up to watch us. It was amazing, and i loved every minute of it.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
great souce of lesser known bands and music news that actually matters. It's honestly the only music wbesite i frequently check.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
I like Let Her Go, or Nottingham by us, or sometimes we break out The Decline by NoFX. epic.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Florida. My cousin lives there and lets us stay for free. Nothing beats a week of that in the winter. I love Chicago, but Orlando is the place to be this time of year.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
That song red red wine reminds me of driving with my family when i was really young. Old Greenday and Weezer remind me of the highschool days. All good times.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Flight. or to throw fireballs like Ryu. I'd take either.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

We "made" a full length professionaly recorded CD and toured, but no, we're not there yet. As soon as we're signed to drive thru or fueled by ramen, then we made it. Did you know that they are both extremly hard to get ahold of?

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We all do gymnastics. Every member of the band goes to the gym once a week and flips around for fun, except andy...who works there and teaches a few competeing boys teams. it's a good time!

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Summer. Summer is a 3 month long holiday and I love every single warm non rainy day of it. If I had to pick a DAY though, how about Easter? I was born on easter Sunday so it's a fair reason.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We all play games on the PSTriple, 360, do gymnastics, play acoustic guitar at parties...I play lots of football and softball too.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

We can flip out and kill zombies like their's no tomorrow. Also Matt and I are great drivers. I fix cars well, if that's a talent? Matt can whistle through his throat...it's kinda weird, Andy can flip off of anything, and Joe can take off his shirt during a concert in the blink of an eye.

Hope you enjoyed at least a couple answers! Good health and God speed!

your friends of Final Round.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums