Last Minute Letter - 01.07.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer. Below you will find answers from bands that replied.|
Last Minute Letter (myspace)
Interview with Jordan Lilly (Vocals and guitar) of Last Minute Letter from Albany NY
1. How did you get your band name?
Last Minute Letter honestly was just a catchy name that didnt sound like it locked us into one genre. Plus, the lowercase abbreviation (lml) looks like the metal horns when typed! \m/
2. How did this band get started?
I use to have a little thing for our original guitarist's sister, before the band started, and she recommended that I get together with him and his bass-playing friend to jam. It started off in a basement in upstate NY, nothing THAT special.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Blink-182, as is every pop/punk/rock band that has started since 2000. Also, Bayside, The Movielife, The Starting Line, Valencia, and New Found Glory.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Right now, and this is realistic, I would LOVE to be on tour with The Years Gone By, I Call Fives, and Honor Bright. Check out all those bands if you haven't already.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably like a squirrel? I'm all over the place and super energetic.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If people want something they can sing a long to, with meaningful, quotable, lyrics (we know you need some new material for those away messages!) they'll dig us. Also, we've been busting our asses for almost 3 years, and its always great to have a few new people get into our stuff. We love every single fan/listener we've ever met!
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Well, if it was GH, that would be a piece of cake, no matter what song it was! I don't exactly consider myself a fantastic guitarist. On full band though, that might take a few hours to get to 5-star, we have some pretty gnarly bass lines and drum parts. I'd probably have them use our new song, "Climbing Higher." Song is badass!!!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
AP.net, of course! And our families, they have been awesome about everything. I'd also want to shout out to every band who has ever let us borrow a piece of gear when ours was busted, anyone who's ever been out to see us, and anyone who has bought a CD or tee shirt!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin. The music industry is so fucked right now. No more 360 deals! And that everyone knew who we were!
10. Memorable tour experience?
People singing a long with our songs at Chicago Warped Tour, ~15 hours from home. :)
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I am on AP.net literally every single day. I get all my music news and entertainment from this site. I seriously could not live without it. Big ups to Jason, Anton, Julia, and everyone else on the staff.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song of ours to play is "Sunsets," but everyone once in a while we do a "Best of Me" cover, which is SOOO much fun!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere warm with a good city life and atmosphere.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Billy Joel, Bonnie Rait, Van Morrison, Sting/the Police. Basically music my parents always had playing.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Play guitar like Thomas Erak. That is a crazy super power.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No way. We still have years of touring, thousands more records to sell, and millions of fans to win over before I'd consider us anywhere close to "made it."
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Everyone except me used to be in really heavy bands. Like, SUPER heavy technical metal. And everyone in the band has seen my dick several times.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
I like my birthday a lot, and Christmas is pretty good. Fourth of July is also always an awesome time.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Listen to music, cruise AP.net, go to shows, watch Curb Your Enthusiasm
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can suck in my stomach so i look like like a skeleton, then push the middle of it back out so that it looks like I've been gutted. Its some freaky shit. Come to a show sometime and I'll show you.
12:58 PM on 04/02/09
These guys are so great. Good call on the TYGB/HB/ICF tour and "Climbing Higher" in GH.
05:34 AM on 04/11/09
I live pretty close to where they're from, seen 'em live a few times. Not a fan.
10:57 AM on 05/15/09
Wicked cool bunch of guys, awesome to see them getting some exposure.
Buy The Music