AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Gratitude News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Jonah's Gifts

Posted by - 09:10 PM on 11/28/05
Jonah Matranga (Gratitude, Onelinedrawing) is now offering to personalize, for free, any items ordered as holiday gifts from his online merch store. Just fill in the "comments" section with the dedication info. As well, Jonah is still offering his Unique Recordings service. These are truly one of a kind musical gifts, check them out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
09:16 PM on 11/28/05
kirbs84
True Punk Fan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Unique Recordings thing was sounding pretty awsome until I read this:

"The suggested range is $48-64ish per original song (any band I've been in, or cover that's been on a record of mine) and $64-72 per cover song (again, if the song just won't work for some reason, I'll let you know)."

I wonder how many people actually have done this.
09:18 PM on 11/28/05
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
He must have just changed that because the prices I saw yesterday were in the $36-48 range for the songs.
09:18 PM on 11/28/05
Garett Press
User Info.
Originally Posted by kirbs84
The Unique Recordings thing was sounding pretty awsome until I read this:

"The suggested range is $48-64ish per original song (any band I've been in, or cover that's been on a record of mine) and $64-72 per cover song (again, if the song just won't work for some reason, I'll let you know)."

I wonder how many people actually have done this.
Yeah that is pretty wild... I suppose it's sposed to be a one or two song deal. But I mean if you love Jonah, that's pretty sweet. I'd pay $200 for my own Gatsby's song, for instance.
09:19 PM on 11/28/05
Vic7im of Life
Lurking on my 8525. lawlz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I dont get what the Unique Recording thing is. Nevermind I didnt see the scrolls button. I suck
09:29 PM on 11/28/05
forshadows
User Info.
Originally Posted by RockVocalPower
He must have just changed that because the prices I saw yesterday were in the $36-48 range for the songs.
haha yeah i noticed that too
09:30 PM on 11/28/05
AdamTheBomb21
True Punk Fan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just the idea is pretty sweet. Way to progess music by becoming one with the fans. How did those acoustic living room tours work out? That was also another great idea
09:30 PM on 11/28/05
xvalorous
User Info.
the unique thing is so cool. and the prices arent too bad, if you really like his stuff. if hes comparing himself to an artist selling an original oil painting or whatever, that isnt a bad price.
09:43 PM on 11/28/05
Rufio21
www.killthemotion.com
User Info.
I want to get an acoutic of Far - Job's Eyes.. that would be awesome
09:45 PM on 11/28/05
GettingBold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I had no idea about that Unique Recordings thing. That's really, really cool.
09:48 PM on 11/28/05
YourLatestVicti
The Captain
User Info.
Originally Posted by GettingBold
I had no idea about that Unique Recordings thing. That's really, really cool.
It's definetly one of the coolest things any musician I like has done, now if only I had some money and some cool song ideas.
09:48 PM on 11/28/05
KidLightning
Esquire
User Info.
i don't think the prices for the unique recordings are a bad idea at all...just imagine if you had a girlfriend who was a huge fan of jonah's...you could get a special version of her favorite song by him and then a cover of "your song" or maybe even his version of a song you wrote (i'd gladly pay for that)...haha you'd get so much sex for that it'd almost be like prostitution

i wonder if you could get these songs on a 7"...that would be amazing, i'd pay $200 bucks for it easily
09:52 PM on 11/28/05
thescoremag
User Info.
i am paying very proudly for a version of a song i wrote and yes i am cheesy and will get a version of your song....sex for me everyday for months...my fiance deserves every penny of the 100 i am paying jonah for this.
09:53 PM on 11/28/05
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
i was kinda hoping it was something where i can give him lyrics that I wrote or something and hed put them to music, which i would definitely pay at least that for. This idea is really good as well, I wish I was more familiar with his stuff other than Gratitude.
10:18 PM on 11/28/05
marbury1414
This May Be The Year...
User Info.
That is incredible. In my "Business of Music" class we're constantly talking about ways to do things that no one has done before, and this is definitely unique to me. My hat is off to Jonah.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos