The Decemberists' new single, "Make You Better" can be found in the replies. The track is from the band's new album, What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World, which is set to release January 20th via Capitol Records.
01) The Singer Addresses His Audience
02) Cavalry Captain
04) Make You Better
05) Lake Song
06) Till The Water Is All Long Gone
07) The Wrong Year
08) Carolina Low
09) Better Not Wake The Baby
11) Easy Come, Easy Go
14) A Beginning Song
Over the weekend, The Decemberists's frontman, Colin Meloy, took to the streets to play new songs on a street corner in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. They tweeted this picture, which appears to be the album artwork for the upcoming album What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World.
Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls may have put on the best performance of Boston Calling. The pace was set immediately as they opened with "Photosynthesis," in which Turner wailed on his trusty acoustic and guitarist Ben Lloyd ripped a solo on the electric mandolin. It was Turner's 1,568th show, as he proudly told the audience, but his boundless energy (perhaps owed to his hardcore roots) made it feel one-of-a-kind.
The Decemberists' first performance since 2011 will take place at Boston Calling on May 24 alongside Death Cab For Cutie and more. Check back tomorrow for our interview with festival producer Brian Appel. The band has also announced a pair of benefit shows in Portland, OR at which they'll be performing Castaways and Cutouts in its entirety.
The Decemberists shall have a cameo on an episode of The Simpsons called "The Day The Earth Stood Still." Colin Meloy revealed the news through a tweet. The episode will air December 2nd at 8pm EST on Fox.
The Decemberists have just announced the tour that will be in support of their upcoming album The Hazards of Love coming out on March 24th. The first batch of dates can be found in the replies and some pre-sale tickets are available now.
02) The Hazards of Love 1 (The Prettiest Whistles Won't Wrestle the Thistles Undone)
03) A Bower Scene
04) Won't Want for Love (Margaret in the Taiga)
05) The Hazards of Love 2 (Wager All)
06) The Queenís Approach
07) Isn't it a Lovely Night?
08) The Wanting Comes in Waves / Repaid
09) An Interlude
10) The Rake's Song
11) The Abduction of Margaret
12) The Queen's Rebuke / The Crossing
13) Annan Water
14) Margaret in Captivity
15) The Hazards of Love 3 (Revenge!)
16) The Wanting Comes in Waves (Reprise)
17) The Hazards of Love 4 (The Drowned)
The Decemberists, The Dandy Warhols and Britt Daniel (Spoon) are some of the artists that will be contributing to an all covers album entitled Bridging The Distance: A Portland, OR Covers Compilation, which has been given an April 17th release date.
01. The Decemberists - 'Think About Me' (Fleetwood Mac)
02. Pat MacDonald - 'The Harder They Come' (Jimmy Cliff)
03. The Joggers - 'Long Distance Runaround' (Yes)
04. The Snuggle Ups - 'Dancing in the Dark' (Bruce Springsteen)
05. The Thermals - 'Tangerine' (Led Zeppelin)
06. Christopher Walla - 'Shattered Dreams' (Johnny Hates Jazz)
07. Viva Voce - 'Eye in the Sky' (The Alan Parsons Project)
08. The Minus 5 - 'That...